Rape at 13 and trying to deal with it

I was raped when I was thirteen by my aunts husband.I never told anyone until about three years ago my aunt and her husband seperated and I finally felt safe to tell her well I did but she still took her husband back.Well not long after I told my aunt my mom found out and we went to the police and nothing has been done yet I'm trying to deal with that.My grandmother passed away last june me and her were very close and her death upset me to the point that I started having recuring dreams about that night. You see I blocked what happen to me out so these dreams are really upsetting and I would really like to talk to someone about it who has been through the same thing.I talk to my boyfriend about it but all he can do is try his best to console me but it upsets him to see me cry. If you have any suggestions please fill me in I'm so confused.

talk to your mom about seeing a counselor or therapist . It may help to have a place you can go to talk about this also there are rape hotlines ( not sure of the number ) but if you search around Im sure they can be found. Why havent the police done anything? Im sorry that your aunt has entered back into this situation , but its good that your mom now knows .Talk to your mom .

blind_otter

Yep. Therapist.

There may be support groups in your area, check out the non-profit website http://www.rainn.org (rape, abuse, incest national network).

I'm having a tough day and can't discuss thing any deeper than that, but I wanted to let you know that info....I wish I could help more, I'm just going through it today...

• 2 weeks later...
twistarzgymnast

Hello Im very sorry you have gone through this. It must be tough. well i think you and your mom should make sure the police do something this hurts you. how old are you now? and if you want to talk more message me back or something and i will give you my email.

GOod LuCk

TwistGymnast:)

HokeyReligions

National Sexual Assault Hotline • 1.800.656.HOPE • Free. Confidential. 24/7

You don't have to go it alone. There is help available and your information remains confidential.

inertia_creeps

The first thing to remember through your difficult time is that this was not your fault. At 13 you are not a fully developed human being yet - emotionally and physically - for somone who is much older than you to do what they did is profoundly wrong.

You need to speak to your mum as this coming out will no doubt create stress within the family, however that does not mean that you have to go it alone.

You will need to be strong and do everything you can to make sure the abuser is made responsible for what he did - as painful as it is for you to do this - he may do it again to someone else.

There are always people here willing to talk to you if it becomes too much, try to remember that.

x

Yes, please find a counselor or a support group for survivors of sexual assault. Your mother and bf can provide love and comfort, but they may not have the skills to really address all your issues. Please accept my sympathy and wishes for you to feel less pain.

• 3 weeks later...

You are not along sweety, I was raped by my best freinds boyfriend friend and i am 24 now and stil recovering from this... i kept it in for a long time but becuase police and detectives and evereone you can think of go in to it but please for the sake of your health and you family, talk to some one becuase you can get really sick, I got really depressed and at sophmore year i was only 82 pounds and then my senior year i was only like 91 pounds it is really sad for my freinds and famly to see me go though that becuase i had ti end up in a hospital an dlearned how to comit sueside and that was not the answer let me tell you! "sister project" is a good help line but like i said i am still recovering from it ever though it has been 9 years, I am actually trying to find help agian becuase I am starting to get sick agian!

and good luck and I mean it!