LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Abuse

When to Call Child Services?

Abuse Support for and discussion of psychological, physical, and sexual abuse.

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th February 2018, 5:44 PM   #31
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywriter View Post
If it's loud enough that you can record the yelling and all on your cell phone, this may be evidence, that can help the police to take the incidents seriously.

I understand you have to live near these people, but, possibly consider that this woman doesn't give a damn about you regardless. It's evident in your post. It's cruel of her to treat her own children this way and then she takes it a step further serving it up to her neighbors.

You'll know when you've had enough and hopefully when the time is right, maybe you'll be ready to stand up for your rights as a paying tenant. If nothing else, I'd call my landlord and ask if they can come have a listen when it's happening. Let them make the call.
I had not thought of that as an option.

I have conceded that she doesn't give a ****. But she does. She has already taken it upon herself to complain about my parking space so much that the apartment mgr asked me to move it. If she watches where and how I park my car then you can bet she gives a ****. I don't even know the lady. I've only spoken to her twice now.
I guarantee she gives a **** about what I'm doing though.

While I am not afraid to face it. I am not really excited about putting myself there 😑😑
shellybing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2018, 5:46 PM   #32
Established Member

She's one of those types who worries about what every one else is doing and not what she is doing.

You can tell. Believe me I hear it every day.
shellybing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2018, 6:27 PM   #33
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellybing View Post
I had not thought of that as an option.

I have conceded that she doesn't give a ****. But she does. She has already taken it upon herself to complain about my parking space so much that the apartment mgr asked me to move it. If she watches where and how I park my car then you can bet she gives a ****. I don't even know the lady. I've only spoken to her twice now.
I guarantee she gives a **** about what I'm doing though.

While I am not afraid to face it. I am not really excited about putting myself there 😑😑
Wow, she sounds like a nightmare. I hope you can figure out your best resolution because Its gonna come to a point of how much you can tolerate. She gives a ****, only where it benefits her and anyone else be d*mned.
skywriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2018, 2:09 AM   #34

Wow. In 35 years I have never seen or heard something so terrible happening around me, and I grew up in a trailer park...that's a whole other story though...but you have encountered it twice!
Those poor babies. I would have already marched over there myself. It used to drive me nuts growing up when I heard my Cajun neighbors in the next trailer over from us beating their dogs with a stick in the middle of the night. The sound of that yelping would make me cry in bed until finally one night I could not take it and I marched over there and started yelling at them about how would they like it if I came over there and beat them with a stick...and how I could not stand to hear how they could just sit and listen to those poor animals cry out for many, many minutes in pain...they just made some sleazy comment but quit doing it after that...you have way more restraint than I would have. Love thy neighbor as you would love yourself...I would confront them about my concerns...but CPS is the golden standard nowadays...either way, there is no WAY I could listen to it day after day without telling that woman something...
CrazyKatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2018, 7:14 PM   #35
Established Member

Call child services, and don't feel bad about it because it will be them, not you, who determine if it rises to abuse or not. Meanwhile, you may change a child's life for the better, and that benefits all of us.