LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Abuse

Was this domestic violence?

Abuse Support for and discussion of psychological, physical, and sexual abuse.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By magnesium
  • 1 Post By Cookiesandough
  • 1 Post By spiderowl
  • 1 Post By SoleMate
  • 1 Post By knabe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th October 2017, 9:34 PM   #1

Was this domestic violence?

My boyfriend and I were just arguing in his car and he stopped at the stop sign and I got out and he kept the car rolling to hurt me so I slammed the door and now I am home crying he wont leave me alone. Is this considered physical abuse? I am scared

Last edited by Tuutuu22; 7th October 2017 at 9:41 PM..
Tuutuu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 9:58 PM   #2
Established Member

It sounds abusive to me.

Whether it is physical, emotional, psychological, or verbal abuse...it's still abuse. Society, for the most part, places more emphasis on physical abuse, but all types of abuse are dangerous.

It was a stupid move on his part to accelerate the car as you were stepping out.
knabe likes this.
magnesium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 10:05 PM   #3
Established Member

Based on several of your threads I'm read, your boyfriend is abusive and very immature. I don't think it's healthy and you need to get out
knabe likes this.
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2017, 8:03 PM   #4
Established Member

Yes, it's abusive because he could have hurt you very badly if you had been hit by the car or dragged along by it. He is stupid at the very least. You have been complaining about this guy's behaviour for some time. He does not care about your feelings. He does not have empathy for you. You were right in that you could leave him, be 19, have fun and meet someone much better for you.
knabe likes this.
Old 9th October 2017, 11:00 AM   #5
Established Member

Yes, for sure. He used force (the car) to try to hurt you....that's the definition of violence.
knabe likes this.
Old 11th October 2017, 11:16 AM   #6

I agree with everyone else. And no...it absolutely does not matter what you were arguing about or what words were exchanged. What HE chose to do was not justifiable. Period.
knabe is offline   Reply With Quote