LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Abuse

Husband almost hit me

Abuse Support for and discussion of psychological, physical, and sexual abuse.

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2017, 4:07 PM   #16
Established Member

I think you need to start looking seriously at your relationship.
You are in a "long courtship and short marriage" type of a relationship.
It seems to me that many such relationship tend to hit a barrier at this point.

I think some men start feeling "trapped" at 7+ years.. and despite the new marriage it is often prime time for cheating too.
For the woman she is so very happy, she just got married and kids are on the horizon.
BUT long courtships are often due to the man not being ready for commitment and when it comes down to the wire, he feels somewhat bulldozed into a wedding.
It is make or break time, he is torn, he doesn't want to give up the relationship BUT he is often not really as keen as he once was, and he doesn't really want to get married either. He does usually however end up going with the flow.

I guess here this guy with a bit of drink in, let down his guard and all that carefully hidden anger and resentment came out.
Not only was he not free to really whoop it up with the boys, he has a wife determined to spoil his "fun". He lashed out...

I do not think it is the OPs fault, who wants to be around a drunk guy anyway? She was right to stop the boozing.
BUT this flash of temper and violence showed all is not right with her marriage and she needs to take note.

Whether this is a one off or whether this is just the start of a catalogue of abuse, who can say?
It could be either.

If this is completely out of character for him, ie he is not usually an aggressive drunk or he is usually a over friendly drunk, then "the why" needs investigated.
If there is no obvious cause, like depression, stress at work, family troubles, money worries etc. then I am afraid it may indeed be another woman.
Men who are cheating can turn into ogres at home.
newmoon likes this.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2017, 9:01 PM   #17
Established Member

People are going to have different opinions on this. For me, this is a hard line that you (speaking generally here) don't cross. I don't care that he didn't actually hit you. The intent was there, the rage was there. That would be enough for me to pack my bags and get the hell out of there.

I don't tolerate abuse or aggressiveness. I just don't. Even if it's just once. I wouldn't take a chance of it happening again.
newmoon likes this.
TunaCat is offline   Reply With Quote