LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Abuse

my gf beat me up

Abuse Support for and discussion of psychological, physical, and sexual abuse.

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2017, 12:46 AM   #16
Established Member

I think there is no excuse for physical violence.

But wow. I don't know how you could ever say something like that to someone. You are in no place to "forgive her". If I told someone something like that I'd be so ashamed I'd let them beat me up.

What you said is enough to mess her up for several years.

Just apologize to her and go no contact.
knabe likes this.
2much4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017, 1:09 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa1993 View Post
So my gf and I are a lesbian couple who’ve been together almost 3 years. We have always had a great, loving relationship up until this incident. We don’t live together but we’re always together. About a week ago when this incident occurred, she was over my place. We got into a stupid, petty argument over some girl commenting on her Instagram pics. Anyways the argument escalated and I said “Go kill yourself like your pathetic mother.” A little background info on my gf is her mom suffered from severe bipolar/depression, and drug abuse and killed herself a few years prior. So anyways after I said this, I immediately regretted it, but it was too late my gf punched me in the mouth. I tried fighting back but she’s much bigger and stronger. She basically beat the sh*t out of me. I was crying and screaming until she stopped and left.*

I haven’t seen her since this incident but we’ve talked on the phone. She keeps apologizing saying she blacked out, and it won’t happen again. I believe her cus she’s never shown signs of violence in the past. But I still don’t feel like I should just forgive and move on so easily. Please help. I’m at a loss.
There is a way to bring her down but it's too late the damage is done, nonsense for me to teach how. LISTEN PLEASE YOU DO NOT WANT TO DEAL WITH SUCH A WOMAN Your a woman yourself she had bunched you in a terrible rage of anger, she kept bunching you and you told her to stop! She didn't! You could have her arrested for doing that to you know. Love can't save you two. She have to leave your relationship because she's violent she could kill you or do serious damage to you. You don't want that she needs to leave. Do not accept her back to not contact her no forms or means. DO NOT DO IT!

She's abusive physically to you and also sounds like verbal abusive as well. No get out find another woman who doesn't do this to you. Not easy, if you don't know their past as you can see her life is abusive one. No excuse saying she black-out that's BS excuse. You do not need that in your life as no one should ever go through that. I hope you have recovered and you are not too traumatize over this, but I am sure you are. Takes time to recover and you might not want to be touched in your face again after such trauma. Most women don't like too be touch in the face usually had some sort of physically abusive attack done to them.
Age doesn't matter, but Love does matter! Which love it's the magical one "I love you" also I am in love with you" More powerful than anyone age! If you really love that person you are so interested in you would move heavens and mountains to reach them!'

Last edited by coolheadal; 18th August 2017 at 1:11 AM..
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017, 11:43 AM   #18
Established Member

She was honest about showing you what someone posted and you got jealous enough to become cruel. She had no right to hit you but her pain probably goes much deeper than just a punch in the face.

I'm glad you two aren't together anymore. You don't seem like you bring out the best in each other.
Old 18th August 2017, 12:32 PM   #19

She didn't beat me to the point where I was in the hospital but I did have a busted lip and black eye.

I know what I said was wrong considering I'd met her mother before and they were extremely close. We've both apologized, but I think it's been easier for her to forgive than me. b/c I don't think she should have taken it to that level.

I really do love her, and hope we can work it out
lisa1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017, 12:39 PM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
We've both apologized, but I think it's been easier for her to forgive than me. b/c I don't think she should have taken it to that level.
Are you sure about that?
Many people having suffered both physical and emotional abuse believe that the emotional abuse is far more damaging.
Yes, she may have decided to patch things up with you but I very much doubt she will forget what you said in a hurry...
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017, 12:53 PM   #21

Was it right for her to beat you up? No.

However, I can guarantee that you will think twice before saying such horrendous things to anyone in the future.

This relationship needs to end. Lick your wounds and work on being a better person.
Dannygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017, 6:05 PM   #22
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Folks, as a reminder this thread is about one persons unique situation.

Those wishing to discuss abusive relationships as a general topic should feel free to do so on one of the more generally focused threads so discussion here can remain focused on assisting the OP ~T
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017, 6:23 PM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
She didn't beat me to the point where I was in the hospital but I did have a busted lip and black eye.

I know what I said was wrong considering I'd met her mother before and they were extremely close. We've both apologized, but I think it's been easier for her to forgive than me. b/c I don't think she should have taken it to that level.

I really do love her, and hope we can work it out
If you want to work it out maybe you two should consider anger management classes because it doesn't seem like either of you have a healthy handle of your own emotions I'm sorry to say.

And from someone who has been both emotionally and physically abused I personally find the bruises easier to heal but everybody is different. You really shouldn't discount her pain compared to your own because there's really no way to accurately measure it.
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2017, 2:11 AM   #24
Established Member

You don't need to forgive her. Ending the relationship is a good idea. I'm not sure how you could say what you did to anyone, much less someone you're supposed to love.

That's just out and out cruel and nasty.
preraph likes this.

'If a man wants a woman to be an angel, he must first create a heaven for her. Angels do not live in hell'
sandylee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2017, 4:08 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosahorton View Post
If your are in a relationship then respect should be from both side for each other. Break up with her.
Yep, and real fast.

I had a girl punch me in the face one night. She liked to drink. I did not care and I put up with it on a certain level.

Booze is ignorant and makes ppl behave poorly...Maybe even it brings out the real person in them.

I hate ppl booze. Even if if your a good friend I will say buh-bye, let alone some female I met at Target that gave me a number.

Your done. Abuse is not accepted on any level. The verbal kind is the worse.

BYE BYE!
stixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2017, 4:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post
If you want to work it out maybe you two should consider anger management classes because it doesn't seem like either of you have a healthy handle of your own emotions I'm sorry to say.

And from someone who has been both emotionally and physically abused I personally find the bruises easier to heal but everybody is different. You really shouldn't discount her pain compared to your own because there's really no way to accurately measure it.
No. I am sorry. A female can be just as mean as a guy. I would never hit a woman or be ignorant verbally. I am not a girly-man by any means. I am a nice guy and always tried to help the women I date,,,especially since most of them had children.

Crazy Mommy is not accepted. No booze - No drugs.

Your are out of my life faster that I can blink an eye.

Bad. Very bad. Nobody should endure any disrespect.
Old 20th August 2017, 4:17 PM   #27
Established Member

What you said hurt her much more than a punch. There's no excuse for physical or verbal abuse in a rship. You need to go your separate ways and work on yourselves big time.
preraph likes this.

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 20th August 2017 at 4:25 PM..
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2017, 4:28 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
What you said hurt her much more than a punch. You need to go your separate ways and work on yourselves big time.
cant speak for the other person. But do you think a guy deserves a punch in the head for no reason from a girl who is drunk?

thats wrong. not only is it wrong but it makes a guy into a fool that cared.

dysfunction is not on anyones top 50 list in a relationship.

Bad person. Very very bad.
Old 20th August 2017, 4:39 PM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stixx View Post
cant speak for the other person. But do you think a guy deserves a punch in the head for no reason from a girl who is drunk?

thats wrong. not only is it wrong but it makes a guy into a fool that cared.

dysfunction is not on anyones top 50 list in a relationship.

Bad person. Very very bad.
Nooo they should go to jail for assault. Very bad.
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017, 8:39 AM   #30
Established Member

I don't condone violence, ever. But what you said was absolutely horrifying. You should be ashamed of yourself and your actions. I can't say I wouldn't flatten someone out if they said that to me.
SaveYourHeart is offline   Reply With Quote