LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Abuse

Am I being abused?

Abuse Support for and discussion of psychological, physical, and sexual abuse.

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2017, 1:49 AM   #16

Red face

Hello everyone. I really appreciate your help. You really made me realise what a scary situation I was in. So the major issue I was facing was he would take all my money as home for me was a flight away I just couldn't get away. He's always around 24/7 After reading your posts, I was able to secretly get into contact with my mum while he was in the shower for 5 minutes. My mum secretly organised a taxi and a flight out of there and I made it back home about 2 weeks ago.

However, he found out I left and booked a flight and followed me home a week later. My mum called the police and he's was arrested for coercian, stalking and a bunch of other stuff. Im just worried that he might come after me at some point, so I'm staying with some other family in the meantime.

The hard part is getting my life back on track, I dont know where to start or what to do? I think I just need a break for a little while.

Thank you all so so much for your help. I couldnt have done it without the courage you gave me.
TheFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 2:09 AM   #17
Established Member

I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR YOU MADE IT OUT SAFE!

What a harrowing experience, you must be so exhausted and overwhelmed by all this. Continue to ensure your safety, and give yourself time to process all that happened, this is a lot to get over. With love and support, you will figure out the rest.

Please keep us updated and reach out if you are having a hard time in your new life.

PS: kudos to your mom, she sounds so resourceful. you are blessed

Last edited by SunnyWeather; 16th May 2017 at 2:12 AM..
SunnyWeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 3:05 AM   #18
Established Member

I am glad Flower made it , God bless her and her mom .

The question is if she has online banking why can't she withdraw any money on her bank account ?

Flower do you have legally shared assets with him ?

Phoenician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 12:54 PM   #19

I'd say yes, you are being abused. Emotionally. Try to get help. a councellour. He doesn't allow you to speak to your family, he doesn't have the right to do that. Have you tried standing up to him?? Tell him how you feel and how he can have his friends and family, talk to them whenever he wants, and that your a person with feelings who has friends and family also. Say that. Ask why it's ok for him to interact with his family and why you can't.
knockout33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 1:29 PM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlower View Post
Hello everyone. I really appreciate your help. You really made me realise what a scary situation I was in. So the major issue I was facing was he would take all my money as home for me was a flight away I just couldn't get away. He's always around 24/7 After reading your posts, I was able to secretly get into contact with my mum while he was in the shower for 5 minutes. My mum secretly organised a taxi and a flight out of there and I made it back home about 2 weeks ago.

However, he found out I left and booked a flight and followed me home a week later. My mum called the police and he's was arrested for coercian, stalking and a bunch of other stuff. Im just worried that he might come after me at some point, so I'm staying with some other family in the meantime.

The hard part is getting my life back on track, I dont know where to start or what to do? I think I just need a break for a little while.

Thank you all so so much for your help. I couldnt have done it without the courage you gave me.
What a frightening experience. The definition of courage is be afraid but still take the necessary actions. Leaving him fit that definition!

Make sure you change your banking information including passwords and authorizations. I might go as far as changing banks.
anduina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 11:33 AM   #21

Hi, I'm glad you got out of that relationship and in a safe way. Just be careful with who else you might meet, it's hard to find good guys and don't be too trusting. Good luck,
knockout33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 6:04 PM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout33 View Post
Hi, I'm glad you got out of that relationship and in a safe way. Just be careful with who else you might meet, it's hard to find good guys and don't be too trusting. Good luck,
Agreed.
It is no coincidence that abusers end up with victims.
They deliberately search them out and often a vulnerable, previously abused woman makes a great next victim for an abuser.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote