Any abuse survivors?

BabyDont

Maybe this is not the best forum to talk about this, and please forgive me if I am bringing up something that you don't want to talk about here. I have been talking lately to a friend of mine who thinks the abuse I suffered in the past maybe why I'm so hooked on this married guy.

I date other people but I am so attached to this specific guy and she feels like it's my way of making sure I don't commit to anyone else fully.

I was raped by somebody I trusted hundreds of times over the course of five years when I was a teenager. As a result even though I'm a very warm and loving person I do keep walls up, and I can come across the opposite. I have dated but usually end the relationship soon as it starts to get too serious. If I really sit back and think my thing with this guy who is married with children has been my longest running romantic relationship. How messed up is that.

I am just wondering if there is any other abuse survivors here and if there's any truth to what my friend is saying.

Very, very likely that they are linked. Especially if you never dealt with it. Im sorry this happened to you. Five years is a very long time. Those are very formative years. Are you in any IC?

I was sexually abused when I was a child. It's def had an impact on my relationships. It's not an excuse. It's still my choice to engage in A. But it def influences my decisions.