LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Abuse

Rape culture.

Abuse Support for and discussion of psychological, physical, and sexual abuse.

Like Tree139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th January 2016, 5:13 PM   #346
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotgurl View Post
I so agree with this. In High school especially but in college as well, boys always pushed the boundaries. Always. Even when you said no. It was come on it will feel good etc.... I had the same experience where a boyfriend was really aggressive, WE too were interrupted by parents before it went to far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotgurl View Post
So what are you saying, that if I am dating a guy I should never be only with him or physical with him unless I want sex.

Especially is high school when you are dealing with young kids who are virgins, they need to respect each other boundaries. A no should be respected.
I do hope you are not trying to insinuate that only men can be pushy when it comes to sex. Do you know how many drunk, unattractive women have rubbed themselves on me at the bar? I've had quite a few make me sexual offers, and not give up when I turn them down.

I have a couple friends who work as exotic dancers. Hit up any stripper and ask them who their worst customers are. No, it's not the young guys, it's generally the lesbian women.

Not all inappropriate sexual advances, ect are committed by men.
enigma32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 5:20 PM   #347
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
I am thoroughly convinced that the sound of your words is more important to you than any rational/reasonable discussion.
I think that goes more along the lines of the women on here.

What's the problem with if you are unsure about sex not getting physical?
What is the problem with not getting drunk in certain situations?
What is the problem with using common sense?
Why if the issue is rape attack things such as songs and comedy which devoting energy to attacking takes away from the actual crime of rape?
WHy worry about consent when honestly women can be fickle? How about teaching women some things?
joystickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 5:25 PM   #348
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joystickd View Post
I think that goes more along the lines of the women on here.

What's the problem with if you are unsure about sex not getting physical?
What is the problem with not getting drunk in certain situations?
What is the problem with using common sense?
Why if the issue is rape attack things such as songs and comedy which devoting energy to attacking takes away from the actual crime of rape?
WHy worry about consent when honestly women can be fickle? How about teaching women some things?
I rest my case.
Timshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 5:27 PM   #349
Established Member

Quote:

She said no but she really meant not now?

Your view is frightening. While you keep asserting you are right - it doesn't factually make it so.
ufo8mycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 5:43 PM   #350
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo8mycat View Post

She said no but she really meant not now?

Your view is frightening. While you keep asserting you are right - it doesn't factually make it so.
I said how about teaching women something. It's not a frightening view to tell a woman if you are unsure dont get physical. What's frightening about that? I just mean use some common sense. Is that too much to ask? If you are not 100% sure and possibly could change your mind then don't even start the process. It's not about placing blame on anyone but protecting yourself. Only person that can look out for you is you. It's not the responsibility of anyone else to do that. Ideally we should all look out for each other and be respectful but that's not the case. There are people out here that are not the best of characters. Rape culture comes off somewhat as a way for a woman not to look out for herself but depend on government and others to protect her. Is that a way to live to be dependent on someone? That's not what feminism is about.
Old 18th January 2016, 5:44 PM   #351
Established Member

Quote:
I rest my case.
That would be true if you actually made a case.
Old 18th January 2016, 5:56 PM   #352
Established Member

Quote:
That would be true if you actually made a case.
Done.
Timshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2016, 6:11 PM   #353
Established Member

Quote:
Done.
I don't agree you ladies and you want to resort to crazy tactics
Old 18th January 2016, 7:41 PM   #354
Established Member

I knew not to rape ever since I was old enough to understand the concept of rape. Of course men should be taught not to rape but what we are doing in some campuses is pretty much turning every man into a potential rapist. I have never raped or even attempted to rape any woman and as far as I know none of the men I surround myself with have. The kind of gender warriors you see on some campuses and other places would have you believe inside every male there is a rapist lurking just waiting for a victim and that is completely false.
Old 18th January 2016, 8:03 PM   #355
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggle View Post
I knew not to rape ever since I was old enough to understand the concept of rape. Of course men should be taught not to rape but what we are doing in some campuses is pretty much turning every man into a potential rapist. I have never raped or even attempted to rape any woman and as far as I know none of the men I surround myself with have. The kind of gender warriors you see on some campuses and other places would have you believe inside every male there is a rapist lurking just waiting for a victim and that is completely false.
This is what some women want division. It's a problem if I say if you are not 100% sure then don't even start getting physical
Old 23rd January 2016, 6:23 PM   #356
Established Member

A very interesting read here http://time.com/3393442/cdc-rape-numbers/
Old 23rd January 2016, 7:03 PM   #357
Established Member

Quote:
A very interesting read here The CDC's Rape Numbers Are Misleading
Rape denier! I kid. It raises some good points, but won't make a dent in the minds of those promoting rape culture.
enigma32 is offline   Reply With Quote