Man trying to "force" himself on girl...

Ok this is not happening to me and I had this told by someone I eventually befriended online.

This guy and I talk very little but sometimes we engage in long conversations. I met him on a facebook group and since then we sometimes chat here and there, he is in his early 30s and has that "artistic" way. He's kinda like a poet or something. I don't like to engage in conversations so much because he wanders a lot and sometimes I don't get what he says but well whatever. There's also no romantic interactions between us (i'm a girl) just to make things clear.

A few days ago he dropped a bomb on my whatsapp saying a girl friend of his had been raped and needed him to testify. I got a bit shocked, asked what was going on and he proceeded to explain.

On a Saturday night he, another guy and this girl (who is 19 yo) went out for a few drinks and all of them got drunk. After this she called a cab and the other guy shared it with her. This friend of mine said he felt bad because the girl asked him to go with them, and felt she was kind of "asking to not be left alone with the other guy". He refused anyways, felt guilty for this, and the next day the girl called him and said she had been raped by the other guy.

I got a bit shocked. Like, ok, i'm not friends enough with this guy for him to share this stuff with me. I just said "pick her, if you are her friend as you say, take her to the police station ASAP. They will take care of this! Go there and support your girl friend". By the time he was telling me it happened 12 h ago more or less. Then he started to make excuses... "Nah, she is ashamed..." "Nah the police will do nothing..."... a bunch of weird things.

Well this happened a couple of weeks ago and I was ignoring him on whatsapp because I'm not having patience to understand the things he says. But when I engaged in a conversation this week he eventually started... "The girl is here complaining again about the rape. I want to help her because I like her very much... but she won't let me hug her, kiss her, let alone sleep with her!" and then he paste a letter she sent to him, basically saying she liked him as a friend but didn't want to mess things up and she's so fragile to engage in a relationship or something else right now, hope he understands and she appreciates his friendly shoulder but that's all".

I mean, I got pissed. The girl, as he said, was raped, and he's trying to sleep with her??? I tried to not lose my calmness but I said to him politely to f*** off and leave the girl alone if he wasn't going to HELP her.

I'm venting a bit because i felt so disturbed by the fact this guy is still trying to take a piece of the girl even after she said she was RAPED. He even sent me pics of her (normal pictures not nudes of course). I'm disturbed and got very distressed. I even asked him to give me her contacts so I could talk to her but he gave an excuse.

What should I do? By the things he is saying he is manipulating this girl into thinking he is her friend but he is worst than her rapist! I'm feeling very bad because I just want to contact this girl and scream RUN from all of these guys she's considering her friends right now.

It's probably not really any of your business and it's best not to get involved. You don't know any of the players except the guy in an ancillary sort of way, no way to substantiate the rape, and the guy seems odd and you don't like him anyway. Check out from the whole group.

I can understand you being shocked. That can happen on the internet where you have disturbing encounters with people. I keep an open mind about character until I've exchanged quite a few messages with someone. It's surprising what people will say once they are comfortable with you and, as you've found, it can be very revealing indeed.

You don't know this girl so you can't contact her. I doubt he will give her name or contact away. He probably realised (a bit late) that you were not sympathising with him over this. He sounds like a lot of guys I've talked to - zero empathy. In fact, if someone says something really shocking, it is worth paying attention because sometimes really weird people talk about things as if they've happened to others when they are actually talking about themselves.

The fact that he sent you pics of her shows he has a very questionable sense of morality. This is why I never share pictures with guys online - you never know who they are going to send them to or what they do with them. If he did anything further that you felt was really out of line, like sending naked pictures of women he knows, then I'm sure the police would have the technology to trace those pictures. He just sounds like an insensitive idiot though.

Don't think there is anything you can do about this, though if you are really concerned you could contact the police in his area.

Edited by spiderowl
  • 1 month later...

I think you need to stay well away from him. This guy either lacks any sense of propriety to a degree that is downright alarming, or he's deliberately trying to freak you out with this story. Either way, you'd be better distancing yourself.

• Like 1

Agree with the last poster. This guy is either a total heartless prick or he's some kind of freak who's just making the whole story up to goad you. Either way he's nobody you should continue talking to.

This is a person you would be best to never interact with again. Just shut him down. Not only is he saying ridiculous and heartless things, he has absolutely no right to be plastering this girl's picture on the Internet and announcing that she was raped. I have no idea what his motives are, but I can bet they're not good in any way.