Compassion fatigue for a couple situation

spemat

I know this straight couple. They have always argued and fought even while dating. She beat on him on her honeymoon, went to jail. She went back that night. 1 Month later, they were running it and he wailed on her. Went to jail, they did the restraining order drama for 3 weeks until she begged him to come back. She put him in the hospital 3 months later. He left for awhile and she was in jail. He begged her to let her out. 4-5 weeks later, he's in jail for fist fighting at their anniversary party (what are the odds). Still back together...

one of the more recent ones was a fork in his leg. Every time these two want to act like this, they get everyone involved. They both own nice cars, he has a boat and she has a cabin and a guest house at her parents. Not exactly lifetime.

These two are avoided by everyone and honestly we have been there for his drama more than one and it is just a good thing there aren't kids involved. Unless they both can get locked up for 10-15 years, this will never stop. I don't understand it.

I've heard some nutty things in my time but yours takes the cake. I'm with you, I just don't understand this kind of sickness. They must both have some serious anger, and somehow enjoy all the drama. I'm amazed they have any friends at all. If they keep this stuff up, there won't be any friends around to attend their funerals when they kill each other.