mutual abuse

texas143

at first I was depressed and that made me verbally abusive.

That led to fights. Physical ones. I can never tell who started, she puched me, I pushed her. I never punched or slapped her. I was always grabbing and restraining her, so she would stop hitting.

Then we moved countries. All got better for a while. Then we started to have problems again, and her mental condition deteriorated a lot. She started hitting a lot, punching, throwing things, choking me, biting, etc... until she ended up in jail. After she got back from jail, nothing changed, and I got tired, so a couple times I ended up fighting back. I did grab her hard once, and twice she was trying to keep me from going out the door, I had to push her out of my way. She would always fall (I believe she let herself go, so she would get hurt). I was filling the divorce already, when she decided to try again. So now we are trying to get along.

Is there any chance?

I'm not sure what in the world would make you think things can be different when it's a dysfunctional pattern. It's just going to happen again.

Cheating, emotional abuse, violence -- I can't empathize with your situation because what's more concerning is that your children are subject to such a volatile and unhealthy situation that both of you cannot seem to resolve because you both are too consumed with your own needs and wants. You have a choice. They don't.

Is there any chance?

Any chance of what???

More of the same and escalating violence? (Yes. Every chance of that.)

Transmutation of the past/current dynamics into non-violent and peaceful relations; and without a lot of third-part help and individual desires for something much better for each and all, and without deep and sincere commitment to those desires, and without self-control and self-discipline on the part of each one of you? (No. No chance of that.)