Abusing/killing himself.

Averageteenagegirl

Averageteenagegirl

Hey everyone..

So, I have this friend... He's more than a friend to me actually. Kinda like a brother, but actually more than that. Hard to explain...

Right now, as you read this, he's slowly dying.

He's been overdosing, a lot, from all random pills, and I really don't know what to do. We live so far away from each other, but we're still closer than anyone.

He's abusing himself by overdosing, he's stabbed himself as well and been cutting along the river, not across the bridge.

He just wanna die, because his life obviously sucks....

I can't go on without him, and I know, my best friend, who's his girlfriend, can't either.

I know that she'll kill herself as well, if he's gone.

I know suicide is not the answer, so I don't think I'll go that way, but I really can't imagine a life without them...

They're the only persons who truly understands me, and they're the only persons I really love and care about (except for my family...)

Please, please, please help me... I don't know if he'll survive this, and I don't know how to handle all this.

...Help..

-Sorry if I missplaced this, I just don't know what else to call it...-

In the US if you alert the authorizes to behavior like this they can involuntarily commit him to a psychiatric ward for treatment for three days because he's a danger to others. If both you & his GF call they should listen. If that is not an option can you call his parents? Perhaps they can intervene.

• Like 1

If he is serious then he will do it. Most suicides are done silently. You need some outside help. Like Don said. Can you get in touch with local authorities?

• Like 1

Dear Averageteenagegirl

If you love him like you say that you do then you need to be the one to be strong and lead everyone back into the light. The worst thing that you can do is to allow his negativity to drag you and your friend/ his girlfriend down. You cannot belp anybody when you lower yourself down to there level because it just helps to reinforce their own distorted reality.

When someone paints a bleak picture of the future and you dont' want them to head down that path, do you jump into the car with them and head the same way? No you want to show them an alternative way of thinking and seeing things. Being that he continues to harm himself despite having you guys in his life he definitely needs some professional help to get him back on his feet.

There must be some type of crisis center were he lives. Contact them and have a chat to the people there and see what resources are available to him. Then once you have the information give it to his girlfriend and anybody else who cares about him. The more that people know about his plight the better. In order to fight his depression you need to get educated on it. Arm yourself with as much information that you can so that it can help you to help him. Depression is an illness that people don't have to suffer in silence about and can be treated with proper help. Be strong for the both of you because he will need your strength and support to get out of the darkness.

All the best - Bud.