Is it still child abuse?

LoNeR sLoNeR

Last week was a week from hell! I got in a huge fight with my parents..they stole my money so I decided to piss them off by putting a password on the computer..aren't I so evil? Anyways, I was sleeping and all the sudden my a**h*** dad hit me in the face, grabbed me by my hair, then he put his arms around my neck..practically strangling me..I couldn't breathe, then dragged me up the stairs and started kicking me...so I got pissed and started to defend myself...which only made it all worse...so he is sitting their pulling the **** out of my hair making me fix the computer..so I freakin type the password in..I didn't fix it..but my parents are so stupid they wouldn't know :D .

So I was all pissed off..went down to my room and went insane..then I decided to go on strike due to child abuse..well my parents got a kick out of that and told me it wasn't child abuse since I'm almost 19 years old...and I said what the hell was it then...

My mother claims my dad didn't do anything of a sort...that pisses me off royally. Then last night my mom and I were watching dr. phill and I told her that my dad needed to watch that to see what hitting your kids does...then my mom goes you have never been hit..I got in argument with her about that one. She knows how he is and she just sits around and says that he has never laid a hand on me or my sisters...that is bull **** -- the cops have been over to my house 2 times for this ****..but nothing ever happens.

Is this abuse? or am I wrong?

Yes, this most definitely is abuse and assault. It's not child abuse since you are legally an adult. However, it is adult abuse. Professionals will tell you that a family assailant who attacks a sleeping victim is one of the most dangerous of all.

The police should definitely be taking you seriously. Are you filing complaints? You should. If your sisters are underage and also experiencing abuse, you should talk to Child Protective Services. You can do this without your parents' knowledge. People reporting child abuse are carefully protected by law in most jurisdictions. Social workers and police will investigate, and your minor sister(s) may be removed from the home. CPS may also be able to help you as part of a package deal. Please do try to get assistance from some trustworthy adult - minister, school counselor, Legal Aid, Child Protective Services. I am worried about you and your sisters. You don't deserve to be beaten, kicked or strangled.

• Author

My sisters are also over the age of 18...cops and all the other lovely people have been involved in our case when we were younger..nothing ever happened -- I had a cop tell my father that he could shove his foot up my ass if he'd like cuz I'm such a smartass and bad kid..the cop said this right in front of me. What an ass!

I have been on the verge to move out but it is a long story as to why I haven't. :o

That's abuse.

Try not to do anything sneaky to piss your father off, when college comes, take out a loan and get out of that house!

Just move outta your house ASAP. There's nothing more you can really do.

On a side note: If my father or anyone for that matter blind sided me in bed like that I would have let them have the chunk of my hair in exchange for beating them within an inch of their life.

• 4 weeks later...

Child abuse is real... but what you shouldn't do is leave. just not yet. ii been child abuse from the start. my dad 18 years older than my mom which she married for marriage. but back to the story the best thing you should do is this: instead of leaving and bitchin bout it, every time they fight or sumethin happens, i ALWAYS record it SECRETLY in the DiGaTaL CaMera... SmaRt huh?? i gave copies to only a few of my relatives. but if your doing this be careful because if this gets out of hand then you probably will have a hard time getting more footage. like they say " if you got no evidence, you got NOTHING"... trust me. using this could do all lot of things. even make a believer to your friends, their parent,s and your relatives. if you got enought don't tell them.. let it get to them. eventually, these tapes will do more than just save your life...

Originally posted by lbeboipinoy

Child abuse is real... but what you shouldn't do is leave. just not yet. ii been child abuse from the start. my dad 18 years older than my mom which she married for THE MONEY. but back to the story the best thing you should do is this: instead of leaving and bitchin bout it, every time they fight or sumethin happens, i ALWAYS record it SECRETLY in the DiGaTaL CaMera... SmaRt huh?? i gave copies to only a few of my relatives. but if your doing this be careful because if this gets out of hand then you probably will have a hard time getting more footage. like they say " if you got no evidence, you got NOTHING"... trust me. using this could do all lot of things. even make a believer to your friends, their parentd, and your relatives. if you got enought don't tell them.. let it get to them. eventually, these tapes will do more than just save your life...