Emotional/verbal abuse from controlling boyfriend

pennyrosie

pennyrosie

i do not know what to do,the man i am with is emotional/verbal abuse,but i have no way out,he has not trying to cut me off from everyone,he controls my every move,i am only getting to do this because he not by computer

He can only do to you what you let him do. If you want to leave, leave all of your possessions and go to a women's shelter or a friend or family. Have someone else pick up your stuff for you. You don't HAVE to stay and play victim. It may be hard to leave, but it's not impossible. Like I said, he can only control you if you let him.

Get out the phone book, look under "Social Service Organizations"--you can often find shelters for women listed there. Or call the police (non emergency) and ask them for the address/phone # of the local abused women's shelter.

When your bf is not around, pack anything you need to take. Leave anything unimportant there. Take any money you have, close any bank accounts you have with this man, or withdraw your share of the money. Pretend to be going to work or say a friend has called you and asked you to come by. Get a friend or a relative to take you to the shelter, if there is no way you can get there yourself, or call the shelter and ask if someone can pick you up or meet you at a designated area.

Do not have any contact with him--leave a message saying you are breaking up with him and you want no further contact with him. If he continues to harass you, notify the police. If you go back, he will only make things worse for you.

Get out of this situation now--within a week if you can. Don't think things are going to get better--the longer you stay with him, the more controlling and possessive he will become about every aspect of your life. Is leaving him a scary thought? It probably is--but you sound scared to be with him. Read other stories on Loveshack from people who have been through emotional abuse. Staying with this man will wreck your life. Please try to post back on here.

sweet-n-sexy

Is it your apartment? Try getting a restrainment order. Also if you are using the computer you should delete the cookies so he can't see what you been doing on it. You don't want to add fuel to the fire if he finds out. I agree, say you are going to the store and don't come back! Stay with a family member.

My advice to you would be to leave him..Rather it be a restraining order,help from family or the police, anything...Eventually pysichal abuse,etc could come up..Its not worth it...