I would really like some insight

12yearsin

I think I am involved in an emotionally abusive relationship. He cheated on me five months ago and though we have broken up and we are no longer sleeping together I still feel like his target. I do not even feel like we really broke up because there are still some things I know i have to so our he will get really mad. During the relationship he would belittle me, neglect me and call me really nasty names. He would also be sorry after and blame it on various reasons and than buy expensive gifts. He still does this. Now he has cheated and continues to carry on with the person. he still tells me he loves me, hopes we get married some day. He even bad mouths her a bit. If I don't call him he gets mad. If I don't text him he gets mad. When he should be talking to our daughter he ask things about me and than tells her to put me on the phone. I feel like he says a lot of the mean things he does not because he hates me but because he wants to hurt me. I tried LC but its hard with a child. I told him we should just go through a third party when he wants to see his daughter and he got really really mad. I am so confused and can not shake this feeling that something is really wrong, help me. Please.

I think I am involved in an emotionally abusive relationship. He cheated on me five months ago and though we have broken up and we are no longer sleeping together I still feel like his target. I do not even feel like we really broke up because there are still some things I know i have to so our he will get really mad. During the relationship he would belittle me, neglect me and call me really nasty names. He would also be sorry after and blame it on various reasons and than buy expensive gifts. He still does this. Now he has cheated and continues to carry on with the person. he still tells me he loves me, hopes we get married some day. He even bad mouths her a bit. If I don't call him he gets mad. If I don't text him he gets mad. When he should be talking to our daughter he ask things about me and than tells her to put me on the phone. I feel like he says a lot of the mean things he does not because he hates me but because he wants to hurt me. I tried LC but its hard with a child. I told him we should just go through a third party when he wants to see his daughter and he got really really mad. I am so confused and can not shake this feeling that something is really wrong, help me. Please.

Going through a third party is a good idea because you need to mentally/emotionally/psychologically disconnect from this individual. You need to get your own power back and no longer offer it into the hands of someone else. Any contact should be strictly about arrangements for your daughter and nothing else. How else will you get your life back and move on to greater relationship for yourself? You've got to disentangle yourself from this person. Don't make the announcement to him, just show this behavior. He is of no consequence. Be strong.