I just wanna have a father: Sometimes he gets physically abusive

x0xBrittx0x

My dad always is yelling at something whether its my mom, brothers, sisters, or me! Sometimes he gets physically abusive like threatning my mom thats hes going to break her neck and once he kicked her in the back. My friends come over and he yells when we're there, its really embarrasing and I dont have many friends because Im scared to invite them over and then they think that I dont like them as friends and we eventually stop talking...I also have very low self-esteem because he always tells me that Im ugly, stupid, fat, worthless...etc.

What can I do?

That is so sad.Thats terrible and not a good environment for you or your sisters,brothers and mother to be in.I think the best thing you can do is call a hotline number and just talk to somebody.They will guide you in the right direction.It sounds like your being abused and your family is too and its not right.If your father threatens your mother again and keeps doing this,call the police.Your family shouldnt have to risk their life living with him.

Click on this and call a hotline number.

http://www.coolnurse.com/hotline.htm

Patty

I'm sorry to hear that your home life is so abusive. And it's good that you're looking for help but the best thing you could do is start talking to someone that is an expert in helping people like yourself. Talk to your school principal to see if he can arrange for a school pschologist or counsellor to see you. I'm not religious but I know that there are also lots of priests, ministers, and people in organizations like the Salvation Army who would be ready to listen to you and to try to help you solve this problem you are living through.

I'm an adult now but when I was young my Dad was abusive to our family too and the worst thing I did was keep quiet about it. If you let your Dad continue to mistreat you you might grow up with your own personal problems so get out there and speak up and get some good people on your team to help you. I hope you get some more advice from others at LoveShack too. Take care of yourself.

you need to call 911 next time he abuses anyone, if he is not stopped soon he could kill her or 1 of you,even if he does not mean to.he has an anger problem and needs help he won't stop on his own, do everyone a favor and put a stop to it before its to late, seriously no one should have to live that way.

i'm sorry to hear about what is going on at your home. its not right for anyone to have something like this to happen to them, but luckily you are older and it makes it a little easier to cope with. as for your sibilings, something like this is extremely hard to cope with when you are younger and don't understand quite as easily. the biggest influence on how one turns out when they get older isn't just how they are treated... but also how they see others being treated. i wish some people would think about this a little more before they let there actions take over there emotions. if things are to much to handle, you need to goto you mother about it when your father isn't around. talk to her, and let her know how you feel. depending on how bad the situation is, talk to her about staying somewhere for a bit... a relatives home. if your father gets out of hand again before you get a chance to talk with your mother... or if by chance she doesn't want to listen, saying things will change... don't be scared to call the police. you'd be doing this because you care for both your mother and father. also, that low self-esteem thing will leave don't worry, just remember what he says is out of rage... try taking some long walks outside, breath the air, thats what i do when i'm down... my mojo walks, always work. :)

- Yeti

Hi x0xBrittx0x,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but I'm glad that you've chosen to share it with us. The best thing you can do start the process of rebuilding is to get your father the help he desperately needs, for his sake and the sake of your family.

Fortunately, an organization called Childhelp has set up a national toll-free hotline that is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week where you can talk to a person who is trained to help you get advice on this situation anonymously. If you're uncomfortable calling from home, call from a pay phone or talk to teacher or counselor at school.

The number is 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453). It is an 800 number and does not cost anything.

Make the decision to take action today--right now. Pick up the phone and call. Don't wait for the next time he lashes out.

Best wishes,

Paul

No one deserves to be treated that way. :mad: Your father has the problem not you and he needs help. You and you rmother should get a way from him. He is wrong for treating you in such a way. You need to remember that he has a serious problem and needs help but you are not obigated to help him. He is the parent you are the child. You are not fat, ugly worthless, or any such thing. He is an abusive person who will probably never change unless he gets therapy and lots of it. Your mother should not allow him to treat her in such a way either and she needs to put s stop to it. If you and your mom get along and have eachother you will be OK. If he loves the two of you and wants you in his life then he will get help. Talk to your mom or try to get help somewhere like the places suggested by other members. You deserve to live without being abused. None of this is your fault.