A bully in school

foxtails_pm

My 10 year-old cousin is frequently getting bullied verbally and sometimes physically at school. Now typically I would tell him to knock him out but I'm at lost IT'S GIRL and he has never answered back.

He should stand up for himself regardless of the gender of the bully. If that means she gets decked then so be it. She could have avoided it by not bullying him in the first place.

• Author
He should stand up for himself regardless of the gender of the bully. If that means she gets decked then so be it. She could have avoided it by not bullying him in the first place.

I guess so, honestly I don't really know what I would do if I was him. Then there's the risk of the girl reporting him as a result and him getting suspended while, if that girl is mean that is.

My 10 year-old cousin is frequently getting bullied verbally and sometimes physically at school. Now typically I would tell him to knock him out but I'm at lost IT'S GIRL and he has never answered back.

I'm confused... Is your cousin a boy getting bullied by a girl? Or is your cousin a girl getting bullied by another girl?

If your cousin is a boy getting bullied by a girl, that wouldn't be unusual at 10 years old. Girls are often hitting puberty and can be taller and outweigh many of the boys...

check to see if the school has an anti-bullying policy ... more and more are adopting zero-tolerance policies on bullying for the very reason you write of.

• Author
I'm confused... Is your cousin a boy getting bullied by a girl? Or is your cousin a girl getting bullied by another girl?

If your cousin is a boy getting bullied by a girl, that wouldn't be unusual at 10 years old. Girls are often hitting puberty and can be taller and outweigh many of the boys...

My cousin is a boy who's getting bully by a girl.

This is a tough one. Reporting it to the school officials will make him look like a sissy, but fighting back will get him in trouble.

Is it possible that this meanie girl has a crush on your nephew? I did some awful things to the boys I liked when I was little.

Is she bullying him physically??? Or with taunting and teasing?

Not that one is worse than the other- but how to handle it depends on what she is doing specifically.

I was a 10 year old amazon...Hit puberty, sprouted up and grew these crazy boobs... towered over the girls and guys in my class. I could have taken out anyone for a couple years...

Anyway, A bully thrives on fear and reaction (or inaction).

Hiding won't make a difference... if she's teasing him, he needs to hit her head on with a taste of her own medicine, let her know there is no fear. If she's hurting him physically- the school needs to be informed.

• Author
Is it possible that this meanie girl has a crush on your nephew? I did some awful things to the boys I liked when I was little.

Not that I'm aware of. Sometimes he tells both his parents and me how he doesn't want to go to school no more, that he's scared of Janeth (that's her name). For what I know like some poster say earlier yes she's about 4 inches taller than me and about 20 pounds heavier. My cousin is still kind of small for his age but will grow someday since we come from tall family. I was short as a kid and now I'm 6''1''.

• Author
Is she bullying him physically??? Or with taunting and teasing?

Not that one is worse than the other- but how to handle it depends on what she is doing specifically.

All of the above, one day he came home with a bruise on one side of his face.

Bruise on his face?

The parents have to report it to the school.

Don't even consider the sissy stuff. If she's doing it to him, she's doing it to others...

Most school shave a zero policy for violence- but they can't enforce it if they don't know about it.

She could be a candidate for expulsion.