Are you taking your hormones?

gilbert

Any time I get upset over something or get mad about anything, my husband wants to know, "are you taking your hormones"? This is starting to make me think that he wants me and my grown children to think that something is wrong with me mentally. They talk about me behind my back. I don't feel this is the right way to approach this. I have had my check up this year and my hormones were normal. Why would he want my children to think I'm crazy? He acts like he wants to control all of my emotions. I am the kind of person that might get angry over something but I get it out and am over it quickly. I don't harbor old anger, I forgive and forget. My husband will all of a sudden bring something up that I did two months ago and the whole time I'm left wondering why he's not talking to me. Any advice?

Ooooh!! This makes me so mad!!

My ex, if ever I got somewhat moody or angry,m and he thought I was being "irrational" would ask....

"Hmmm.... Is it that time of the month?"

And I finally figured the reply:

"No, but what difference does it make? Simply because I might be hormonal/premenstrual, it doesn't invalidate what I'm saying - it's just as pertinent and justified! In fact, it's the rest of the time that you should be worrying - because the rest of the time I just button it and shut up - and take your crap behaviour on the chin! Take it as read buddy - being hormonal means never having to say you're sorry - because it's Plain Truth time!!"

That shut him up good..... :laugh:

Any time I get upset over something or get mad about anything, my husband wants to know, "are you taking your hormones"? This is starting to make me think that he wants me and my grown children to think that something is wrong with me mentally. They talk about me behind my back. I don't feel this is the right way to approach this. I have had my check up this year and my hormones were normal. Why would he want my children to think I'm crazy? He acts like he wants to control all of my emotions. I am the kind of person that might get angry over something but I get it out and am over it quickly. I don't harbor old anger, I forgive and forget. My husband will all of a sudden bring something up that I did two months ago and the whole time I'm left wondering why he's not talking to me. Any advice?

Sounds to me like your H is the one who needs his head checked. This type of behavior is so classic with a verbal abuse. I was married to a verbal abuser.. so Believe me I know. You don't have to tolerate his behavior..please know that in your heart.

AP:)

• Author

Thanks for the comments, I know what he has said is abuse, I just needed a place to vent my feelings about it. I will not let him make me think I am crazy. Because if I do get mad about something, its usually justified. I really think he says these things because he has guilty feelings about things he has done and this makes him feel better about himself if he puts me down. Remember the old saying...sticks and stones will break your bones but words will never hurt me. Boy is that crap. God forbid that anything comes out of my mouth that would hurt someone in their heart and I don't know it to say I am sorry.