LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

kicking people while they are down /dog piling

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By siren8272
  • 1 Post By William

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st January 2018, 12:15 AM   #1

kicking people while they are down /dog piling

I notice a thread that I was apart of a thread that had been moved and closed. Honestly I am kind of glad. I noticed that especially when sensitive topics of people dealing with family and parents some people have a habit of not being so kind when answering. Now I know that not many here have experience in mental health and therapy ,but I would think that this climate we are in with mental health issues being at an all time high along with the hot topic of people choosing suicide as a way to deal with issues that are going on in their lives that the members here should be thoughtful in their answers.

I notice that after the person in the thread I am speaking of logged out after twenty minutes according to admin and honestly I cant say I can blame the person. The harshness and little forethought in the answers recieved is exactly why I stopped logging in for so long. In fact I hestitate to post anything here for fear that I will receive the same treatment as the other person and the same treatment i got so many years ago.

I was already hurting and well people were very unkind...had I not been as strong as I am who knows how the nastiness here might have affected me. I am just saying you never know the mindset of the person posting....it cost NOTHING to be kind.jus t be mindful.....

Last edited by siren8272; 31st January 2018 at 12:24 AM..
siren8272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 12:30 AM   #2
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Easy enough to report posts to moderation which are supsected of violating our guidelines. Moderation is happy to sanction members, remove or edit content and post statements or directives.

The only reason that thread came to my attention was due to a report and my policy of tracking one post new members for trolling (moderation can use that word publicly here, members cannot) and following a procedure I use with such postings to more closely track those members because, unfortunately, LoveShack.org is a magnet for disruptive and mentally ill individuals due to the emotional content of relationship issues. Same with the 'piling on' stuff.

Read more here:

Why Are People So Abusive? [update]

As the oldest moderator here, members who've had interactions with me know I've no fear nor hestation about removing them permanently if they don't follow guidelines and we've removed plenty over the last few years. Unfortunately, in the internet world, no one goes to jail never to be seen again, rather they recycle back into the same dynamic as they were removed from, hence we're in a perpetual cycle until we get them to leave permanently. Member help is always appreciated. If content seems disruptive or abusive, let us know. We have a lot of tools at our disposal to keep the site friendly and welcoming and we appreciate member help in that regard. Thanks for your comments!
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 5:23 AM   #3

Thank you William ...I want to put out I am in no way bashing this site..I wouldnt be here still if I felt it wasnt a good site. You made a good point this site can attract mentally ill people who pile on or make post just to get a reaction. Im glad the mods are on rude ,bashing responses....
siren8272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 8:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Easy enough to report posts to moderation which are supsected of violating our guidelines. Moderation is happy to sanction members, remove or edit content and post statements or directives.

The only reason that thread came to my attention was due to a report and my policy of tracking one post new members for trolling (moderation can use that word publicly here, members cannot) and following a procedure I use with such postings to more closely track those members because, unfortunately, LoveShack.org is a magnet for disruptive and mentally ill individuals due to the emotional content of relationship issues. Same with the 'piling on' stuff.

Read more here:

Why Are People So Abusive? [update]

As the oldest moderator here, members who've had interactions with me know I've no fear nor hestation about removing them permanently if they don't follow guidelines and we've removed plenty over the last few years. Unfortunately, in the internet world, no one goes to jail never to be seen again, rather they recycle back into the same dynamic as they were removed from, hence we're in a perpetual cycle until we get them to leave permanently. Member help is always appreciated. If content seems disruptive or abusive, let us know. We have a lot of tools at our disposal to keep the site friendly and welcoming and we appreciate member help in that regard. Thanks for your comments!
william sucks at moderation
Henry S Bodybuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 10:24 PM   #5
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

I undeleted the post above mine (I think Robert deleted it when banning the member) because I wanted to show a typical example and that's one of our banned members with a thousand usernames. They do that pretty much every day here. Usually it's moderation they go after but sometimes it's members too. It's been going on for well over a decade. Part of life on LoveShack.org.

Keep those reports coming and we'll do our best to catch stuff before it gets out of hand.
William is offline   Reply With Quote