LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

General Sexual Harassment Thread Concerning Public Figures

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Old 16th November 2017, 11:14 AM   #1
Established Member

General Sexual Harassment Thread Concerning Public Figures

Because it seems like there is a new story everyday, I thought I'd make a general thread to discuss any public figure who has been accused of sexual harassment. Al Franken seems to have found himself in hot water this morning.

I also thought it might be interesting to get people's perspectives on the veracity and severity of all these accusations. The accusations seem to run the gamut from fumbling inappropriateness (Pres. Bush making a joke) to outright predatory behavior (Cosby, Weinstein, Roy Moore, Kevin Spacey). And then you have all the weird stuff in between like Louis C.K. masturbating in front of women and Mark Halperin showing his erection to women at the office. I don't think it's a good idea to lump all of these accusations together under the same umbrella.

Also the veracity of the accusations is something we have to deal with. How do you decide to believe the women? I don't think any person who comes forward with a story deserves to be believed just because they have a story. One thing I look for is the number of victims coming forward. Like in Cosby's case, there are just too many women to have made all that up.
BC1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 11:21 AM   #2
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

If you'd like to start a general discussion on sexual harassment and public figures in WC or SHRP, please do so. If the content is generally intended to be political, start it in the political forum.

We generally reserve Current Events for specific news-worthy current events to promote on-topic posting. Also, political rhetoric is generally discouraged in Current Events forum because LoveShack.org has a specific forum for it.

I'll move this post to Q&C for further comments on such a general discussion topic and location. Thanks for the suggestion!
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2017, 11:25 AM   #3
Established Member

Got it. Thanks!
BC1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2017, 2:32 PM   #4
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

To update, I did a merge and created this thread since it appears more reports are coming out daily. Feel free to add content as found:

https://www.loveshack.org/forums/off...sment-assaults
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2017, 12:11 AM   #5
Established Member

Opps..... Thought it was in the right place.
Noproblem is offline   Reply With Quote