LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Disappearing forums

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Old 26th October 2017, 12:25 PM   #1

Disappearing forums

So I wiped ketchup on my phone, and now the dating and marriage forums are gone. I can't figure out what I did!
knabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2017, 12:27 PM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knabe View Post
So I wiped ketchup on my phone, and now the dating and marriage forums are gone. I can't figure out what I did!
Ha ha .... sorry, I shouldn't laugh .... but that is exactly the kind of thing I would do ... I hope someone can help you get them back
1966Seahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2017, 1:02 PM   #3
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

For an experience in what banned members can view, try logging out and viewing the forum. Breathtaking.

More seriously, LoveShack is totally lousy on phones. Paul never coded it for a mobile application and hasn't really been around much since smartphones took off. I'd expect that to continue.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2017, 9:09 PM   #4
Established Member

I don't think those private categories show on my phone either. Or if so, not all the time because I've noticed it before.
Old 28th October 2017, 10:03 AM   #5
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

If you're logged into your account on your phone, the members-only forums should show. I do empathize with the excruciating mobile experience members go through.

I just checked with Chrome on Android and no issues seeing all forums. However, using the forum is a challenge, especially for parts of the forum we use as moderators.

My advice is, if encountering an access where all the forums aren't showing, log out, close/reopen the app, then log back in.
Old 28th October 2017, 10:18 AM   #6
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

While viewing the forums page that lists all the forums there is a little up and down arrow button to the right in the red/pink bar on the top of each forum.

If you click it it collapses the forum essentially hiding it and if you click it again it shows back up.

Most likely what happened to the OP
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2017, 10:58 AM   #7
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

The forum group title will still show - 'Platonic' , etc, but the forum titles themselves will be collapsed from view until the arrow is pressed again. On a phone, that arrow is so tiny it's hard to see and, if pressed by mistake, poof. Good catch!