LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Privacy concern

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th October 2017, 4:27 AM   #1
Established Member

Privacy concern

Is there any way someone can find my account on Loveshack through my gmail or anything ? My ex-fiance works in the privacy field & i am worried he could detect my account through my email & he is reading everything im posting about him. Could this happen?
toomanyquestions123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 7:08 AM   #2
Established Member

I'm not a mod, but I really think the only way he could find you is if you use "toomanyquestions123" as your nickname in other places on the internet and he knows you use this nickname and Googled it.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 7:12 AM   #3
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

No, your email privacy is secure and can't be googled to match an account here.
Now.. if your email address is toomanyquestions123 then it can be.
Account names show up in google but this isn't a privacy concern since when you sign up here you are supposed to use an ID that doesn't link to you IRL.

Your posts do show up in google, but again privacy isn't an issue as the account name isn't tied to anybody in the real world.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 8:44 AM   #4
Established Member

No my email is different. Woof, imagine he bumps into my posts he will think all i do is think about him. meh !

Anyway thank you for your help, i guess he can never find me then.
Old 11th October 2017, 7:51 PM   #5
Established Member

Unless someone stumbles upon LS by accident...
Divasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 4:46 AM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divasu View Post
Unless someone stumbles upon LS by accident...
What is LS?
Old 13th October 2017, 4:49 AM   #7
Established Member

LS = Loveshack
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 6:47 AM   #8
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Repost of content from this sticky thread:

How are posts/threads edited/deleted? How is a username changed/deleted?

In general, LoveShack.org policy is to retain content which falls within our guidelines of discussion and to balance that policy with our commitment to member anonymity and privacy. Some common-sense tips about privacy.

1. Use a unique username, e-mail and password for LoveShack.org. Avoid use of names or phrases which might identify one in real life, if anonymity is important.

2. Avoid divulging personally identifiable information in postings, especially obvious information like e-mail addresses, phone numbers, physical locations, real life names, etc. Once that information is there, even if reported and/or we catch it later, the search robots have grabbed it and it's all over the internet.

3. Be judicious in the use of pictures. We recommend never using a real-life picture of oneself as a avatar. Become familiar with profile privacy settings to maximize your privacy from both casual visitors and registered members. This is the internet and picture matching software is out there and people can be anyone they choose to be, generally anonymously.

4. If any member has compromised your privacy, send content regarding that breach to moderation and we'll take action on that. There is an 'alert us' button on every post and private message on LoveShack.org, and pressing it will send the content and your message directly to all of the moderators for review.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2017, 10:12 AM   #9
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Historically, the fastest way of finding members in real life has been through their work or Facebook.

Hence, especially in the realm of usernames, if anonymity is important, don't use a username that can tie back to a work/personal e-mail address or social media platform.

Unfortunately, we have no control over people out there who may abuse their legally gained accesses to information technologies and personal information databases. Our goal is helping members in good standing who wish anonymity to retain it. The information posted by another moderator here is a good start. Definitely do report any suspected breaches of your privacy/anonymity, whether on the public forums or in your private messages. We follow up on all reports. Thanks!
William is offline   Reply With Quote