LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Abbreviations?

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Old 19th September 2017, 9:33 AM   #1
Established Member

Abbreviations?

I haven't been 'here' that long, maybe not long enough to 'absorb' the 'culture'. But I have a bit of trouble following some of the threads because I don't grok abbreviations. Is this the right category to request some moderator update the abbreviations in the FAQ? I guess A = Affair but it's not (yet) in the FAQ. Others I've seen include WW, AP, and WS.
nospam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2017, 10:43 AM   #2
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

https://www.loveshack.org/forums/off...orum-shorthand
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2017, 12:18 PM   #3
Established Member

Thanks, William. A bunch of the abbreviations I didn't know were in that thread though not in just one post. Is it too much to ask for someone to update the FAQ regularly so a reader need only look in one place?
Old 19th September 2017, 12:41 PM   #4
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Site owner thing. Haven't seen him in years. Sorry. That FAQ hasn't been changed since 2004 or so, I believe.
Old 19th September 2017, 1:57 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
That FAQ hasn't been changed since 2004 or so, I believe.
ROTFLMAO. Okay, I'll make an offer: Grant me authority to update the Abbreviation FAQ. (If javascript is required to make the updates, I withdraw the offer.) I'll update it with the abbreviations in the thread you pointed me to. Additional abbreviations can be posted to this (current) thread which I'll watch and continue to make updates. If I 'disappear' for more than a month, revoke my authority.
Old 19th September 2017, 2:11 PM   #6
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

The linked thread is moderation's workaround due to an absent owner, who is the sole authority to make changes, like you're suggesting, to the forum.

To give you more background, here's a thread where we're working on problems with the subscription system, something that puts money in the owner's pocket.

https://www.loveshack.org/forums/gen...ms#post7341623

As of this post, I don't believe that has been fixed either. In any event, the last time I had a personal conversation with the owner over the phone was in 2014, so over three years ago. At that time we were trying to get more moderators approved. You can see what we had to do since there are only two named moderators, Robert and William, currently working. Adapt and overcome. I heartily suggest it. Good luck!
Old 19th September 2017, 4:00 PM   #7
Established Member

How about two pinned threads here in the Questions and Comments category? First thread has one post, the current list of abbreviations, and is only updated by the moderators. Second pinned thread is Q&A about new abbreviations and their translations.
Old 19th September 2017, 4:08 PM   #8
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

We post announcements forum-wide and they get tens of thousands of views and posters don't pay attention to them anyway. Same with all the pinned threads in this forum. Generally, people don't care. We do, for now. The shorthand thread is in the Water Cooler forum because it is specific to the forum, off-topic from relationships and we don't want it broadcast to the wider web or the search robots. Water Cooler forum is private for members only who are logged in.

However, I'll post a referrer in a stickied thread in this forum and we'll see what happens.

ETA link:

www.loveshack.org/forums/general/loveshack-org-questions-comments/635436-interested-what-abbreviations-forum-shorthand-mean-read-here

Last edited by William; 19th September 2017 at 4:15 PM..