LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Deletion of thread/posts

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Old 8th September 2017, 12:44 PM   #1

Deletion of thread/posts

Can an admin or moderator help delete this thread of mine? - Fiancée used savings for money

I want the thread or at least the first post deleted as I want to put this incident behind me.

Thank you.
Nodnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2017, 2:41 PM   #2
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Hi Nodnerb,

I closed your thread however deletion after replies have been given isn't possible as our policy is that threads with replies cannot be deleted as it would also delete the posts of all the people who rendered advice to you.

See this link for clarification if needed.

LoveShack.org Community Forums - Announcements in Forum : Getting Married
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2017, 8:53 AM   #3
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

As an alternative with new members, ones who apparently wish to use LoveShack.org for a single issue then depart the community and not wish to stay, we offer the option of banning them and moving their content to an area only members can view so the search engines and non-members cannot view their content and no one can use their account ever again. The downside of that is that, once banned, future registrations are disallowed and moderation actively pursues removal of previously banned members.

The bottom line is that LoveShack is a community, yes a private forum sure, but a community of members who help each other, and that has value. If any particular member simply wants to use the community then depart, that's OK, but we protect the interests of the community and the content they so graciously offer, content which not only can help the thread starter but also otherwise disinterested visitors and readers.

In the case of the thread in question here, it's pretty easy to submit an edited version which removes specific numbers and actions and similar, anonymizing it, then move on. If the thread starter wishes to do that, the instructions are in the links Robert provided. If they want to be banned and have the thread moved to PRC, simply hit the 'alert us' button on this post and make the request. We'll be happy to take care of it. We hope that LoveShack.org has been helpful.
William is offline   Reply With Quote