LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

anxiety over post

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Shanex
  • 1 Post By whichwayisup
  • 1 Post By William

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th July 2017, 1:40 PM   #1

Question anxiety over post

is it unhealthy to post about your private life i have left a lot of post recently and i am having anxiety becuase they will be in internet forever.

I was careful not to put any names or places but I keep thinking if my family knew what I posted they would be upset. our what if someone that knew me read post and could puzzle together who i am.

It has me wondering how healthy it is to post private info.
bct2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 1:47 PM   #2
Established Member

Journal Entries: 3
Avoid names, places, cities everything relevant which could make someone somehow stalk you.

Instead of saying ''I'm 23'', just say ''I'm early 20s'', etc. Being vague is the best way to fight back stalkers.
preraph likes this.
Shanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 2:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanex View Post
Avoid names, places, cities everything relevant which could make someone somehow stalk you.

Instead of saying ''I'm 23'', just say ''I'm early 20s'', etc. Being vague is the best way to fight back stalkers.
thanks for info yes I have been doing that i try to do a search before i post to make sure i did not write any names on accident.

I
Old 13th July 2017, 2:15 PM   #4

can someone sue you if your talking about them in a thread but do not put names or places? because if your telling a story about something and someone online and they read it and find out it is about them what if they become traumitized?
Old 13th July 2017, 9:02 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bct2017 View Post
is it unhealthy to post about your private life i have left a lot of post recently and i am having anxiety becuase they will be in internet forever.

I was careful not to put any names or places but I keep thinking if my family knew what I posted they would be upset. our what if someone that knew me read post and could puzzle together who i am.

It has me wondering how healthy it is to post private info.
The username is made up (I assume) and you certainly didn't post any names or anything recognizable. Nobody would know who you are just from the few details you put down.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 9:05 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bct2017 View Post
can someone sue you if your talking about them in a thread but do not put names or places? because if your telling a story about something and someone online and they read it and find out it is about them what if they become traumitized?
No. How would they prove you were the one posting?

I know you suffer from anxiety issues etc, so it could be your mind worrying and making you have doubts and mistrusts about posting online. The chances of someone finding you on here is really slim to none. Just continue to not mention names or locations, or specific details.
bct2017 likes this.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 9:53 PM   #7
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

This is a common question, which is why we have had announcements running on the topic for a couple years now and have a sticky thread in this forum devoted strictly to issues and member questions surrounding it.

Regarding your concerns, here's what I posted on that in October 2015, nearly two years ago:

In general, LoveShack.org policy is to retain content which falls within our guidelines of discussion and to balance that policy with our commitment to member anonymity and privacy. Some common-sense tips about privacy.

1. Use a unique username, e-mail and password for LoveShack.org. Avoid use of names or phrases which might identify one in real life, if anonymity is important.

2. Avoid divulging personally identifiable information in postings, especially obvious information like e-mail addresses, phone numbers, physical locations, real life names, etc. Once that information is there, even if reported and/or we catch it later, the search robots have grabbed it and it's all over the internet.

3. Be judicious in the use of pictures. We recommend never using a real-life picture of oneself as a avatar. Become familiar with profile privacy settings to maximize your privacy from both casual visitors and registered members. This is the internet and picture matching software is out there and people can be anyone they choose to be, generally anonymously.

4. If any member has compromised your privacy, send content regarding that breach to moderation and we'll take action on that. There is an 'alert us' button on every post and private message on LoveShack.org, and pressing it will send the content and your message directly to all of the moderators for review.

Link to thread:
How are posts/threads edited/deleted? How is a username changed/deleted?
bct2017 likes this.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 11:23 AM   #8

thank you for advice