LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Premium subscription - including payment problems

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd August 2017, 10:28 PM   #31
Established Member

I'm a subscribed member but just the other day ads started appearing directly after the first post on each page.

I don't know why or what's that about but I've never had that before.
Old 3rd August 2017, 11:58 PM   #32
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

You're still showing as a subscriber in your account. Usually the ads start up when one drops off the subscription; right now, since apparently no one can subscribe, I doubt auto-renewals are going through for members who have those. Happy to be wrong though. Ad-blocker kills the ads if no joy on that.

Oh, one thing you can check is your PM box. If you have a lot of messages in it and drop off subscription, and have over 70, it'll lock up until you delete messages to get down from 250 or whatever max over 70 to 70. If you still have a 250 box, then your subscription is still going.

ETA, also, check here:

https://www.loveshack.org/forums/pro...editusergroups

Your premium subscriber status should show up there if you have it.

Try checking the box for supporting member and see what happens

Premium Subscribers Site Supporting Membership
Supporting Member Identify me as a member of this group

Last edited by William; 4th August 2017 at 12:03 AM..
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 12:15 AM   #33
Established Member

I switched over to showing me as a supporting member but I'm still seeing ads.

My subscription expires next February so I have a little time for you guys to figure this out. Maybe they cut a deal with advertisers so that we need to all see ads now because it's more cost effective?
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 8:41 AM   #34
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

I think there was a glitch on ads that left them up for everyone but I thought that resolved. There's a thread in Q&C on it somewhere unless Paul deleted it. I'll take a look. I remember a couple moderators suggested an ad-blocker like Ad-Blocker
Old 4th August 2017, 10:54 AM   #35
Established Member

I've recently had an issue trying to transfer money to a friend's business Paypal account.

The same error message appeared. He notified Paypal about it and their response was that no funds (whether they be from donations, subscriptions or renewals etc) could be added due to him having a limit on what he could receive and send out. According to him he's been disputed a few times and Paypal had taken caution + action from the disputes they've received and limited his account completely.

So to summarize, the owner might have received some disputes from various payments and Paypal had given him the same repercussions. Obviously this may not be the case, but it's a realistic possibility due to the nature of Paypal's history with handling disputes and chargebacks.
DarrenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 11:21 AM   #36
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

That's an excellent point and there have been reports, in the past, of the system double charging members and in one case apparently charging them odd amounts with LS.org as the payment recipient. Back when Paul wasn't responding, I suggested to members in those cases to open disputes of the erroneous charges.

However, that was quite some time ago, years IIRC, and plenty of premium subscriptions have been successfully processed since. While no reports of similar problems have surfaced recently that doesn't mean they haven't occurred.

Oh, I found one thread on ad-blockers from the past when spam was being complained about and banner ads started showing up

https://www.loveshack.org/forums/gen...pping-spammers