LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Premium subscription - including payment problems

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th June 2017, 10:51 PM   #16
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Thanks so much for the feedback. If you think of it, try again in a few days. If it turns out the owner was here, and the issue involved Paypal's system, it may take a bit for their support staff to work it even if notified right away.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 5:43 PM   #17
Established Member

I just tried subscribing also but paypal is not working for LS.
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 7:39 PM   #18
Established Member

PayPal recently updated their policy. I'm not sure when but I'm thinking it was earlier this month, if that means anything to anyone.
Old 26th June 2017, 8:47 PM   #19
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Good to know and thank you for the feedback. We'll keep an eye on the only thing we can, who accesses the forum. The rest is up to those who have the power to sort it out.
Old 26th June 2017, 8:50 PM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Good to know and thank you for the feedback. We'll keep an eye on the only thing we can, who accesses the forum. The rest is up to those who have the power to sort it out.
Are we supposed to tell you if we tried to become a supporting member? I did, but I'm getting the same errors that have already been mentioned.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2017, 8:53 PM   #21
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Yes, it is appreciated and thank you for adding your experience.
Old 29th June 2017, 9:22 PM   #22
Established Member

Journal Entries: 124
Still not working

"We fly to get high."
Satu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 10:54 PM   #23
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Yeah, more than that one of our moderators tried testing it and couldn't even get a confirmation e-mail to arrive for the throwaway LoveShack account when setting it up to experiment. If that's consistently repeatable, that's not good at all. As a preliminary caution, I'd suggest not making *any* changes to your password or e-mail address until we have more information. So far, the problem isn't consistent, kind of like the auto-moderation thing, but if it hits you, kiss your account goodbye. You won't be able to log in entirely and you may not be able to register a new account. Come to think of it, if I'm not missing something, the spam seems to be less lately. It's still there but less.

So far I've seen not one successful anecdote so will call the subscription system confirmed broken. Couldn't find Paul's phone number so next step is try Tony and see if he knows.

For any who are reporting, since you're now or soon not ad-free, how's that going? Are the ads messing you up? If you need any help killing ads we can work that. I'm guessing ad-free and PM box size are the main subscription draws but we can't help with the PM thing but can with the ads if you don't already have the measures in place.

We'll do our best to help and to keep the forum going but there's only so much we can do.
Satu likes this.
Old 3rd July 2017, 2:29 PM   #24
Established Member

I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but I use paypal a lot for work, and it has been having a lot of problems with it lately. As far as I can tell, it was having issues with connecting to certain financial institutions to withdraw funds. When it can't connect, the transaction wont; got through, or it does, and is in kind of a limbo.

Could this be part of the problem?
wmacbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 2:21 PM   #25
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

To update, thanks for the tip and I haven't personally tried to replicate it with Paypal since not using the service for a couple years.

However, Robert reported a sighting of the owner stopping by here on July 25 so perhaps you are correct and he's working things out. I would suggest members who desire the premium option continue to experiment and report results. I'll update the thread with anything moderation finds out.

Thanks for your patience!
Old 2nd August 2017, 3:09 PM   #26
Established Member

PayPal still doesn't work for subscriptions. I tried yesterday and again today.
Downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2017, 3:15 PM   #27
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Thank you, we appreciate that, and your membership. Trust me, if I could goad, cajole, threaten, torture, of by any means compel Paul into fixing this for you all, I would. I'd even buy an airline ticket and track him down in person.

Moderation has tried everything short of real world intervention. We're not paid and don't have any commitment to the site other than what the current six moderators have purely because we care about it and maintaining a forum of discussion.

If the system resolves and this thread disappears, there's your sign.
Old 3rd August 2017, 2:58 PM   #28
Established Member

Journal Entries: 3
I propose the subscription $€£¥ now goes to William and he makes the trip to wherever Paul lives.

Seriously though, the mods do their best, and also thank to those who suscribed for a while to maintain LS online.

I fear a bit that without the Founder and owner of this privately owned website, the ship may sink after a while. I know the ads and our *clicks* help pay cost, but still.
Shanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 3:34 PM   #29
Established Member

I found Paul's FB page. He was still alive as of January of last year. No mention of comas or abductions.
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2017, 7:42 PM   #30
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanex View Post
I fear a bit that without the Founder and owner of this privately owned website, the ship may sink after a while. I know the ads and our *clicks* help pay cost, but still.
LS was started before there were webpages and it was IRC, so...it has been around for quite a while and I would assume will remain for the next 25 or so years.

It has quite the history so I doubt he will let it disappear, we can only surmise as to why the mods here operate handcuffed the way we do.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote