LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Premium subscription - including payment problems

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th April 2017, 12:30 PM   #1
Established Member

Premium subscription - including payment problems

I just bit the bullet and paid for a subscription, as I use the site a lot and thought it was only fair to pay.

When I signed up to do s, it listed an assortment of benefits, but I'm wondering how up to date that is and if they are still the same. For example, it indicates I can add a photo to my sig line, but when I tried, it wouldn't work.

I don't really mind, but I just don't want to waste time trying to do something that doesn't work.
Old 24th April 2017, 12:32 PM   #2
Established Member

Journal Entries: 3
To post a pic in your sig: use the URL of the pic between the tag [img]pics url[/img]

You also benefit from more PM's and perusing the site without ads which is the top notch pros imo.
Shanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 12:47 PM   #3
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

From the signature edit page:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

Page to edit signature:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/prof...=editsignature

Note that, once an image of appropriate size is referenced or uploaded, one must click Insert Signature Picture to place that picture into the signature edit pane and then, once any edits are completed, must click 'Save changes' to complete the process. One can also 'Preview Signature' if desired to see what it looks like.

I did a sample with my account, seen below....

Paul edited the subscription features the last time he was here to align with what actually exists as far as I can tell. Named moderators have premium accounts for their alters and I checked the features and they all seem to work.

Be aware size limitations also apply to avatars allowed with the premium accounts. The process works pretty similar to how it does with signatures.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 12:48 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanex View Post
To post a pic in your sig: use the URL of the pic between the tag [img]pics url[/img]

You also benefit from more PM's and perusing the site without ads which is the top notch pros imo.
Ads weren't a problem for me. I don't really know why, but I never had any.

I have no luck with the picture though. Life goes on.
wmacbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 12:50 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
From the signature edit page:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

Page to edit signature:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/prof...=editsignature

Note that, once an image of appropriate size is referenced or uploaded, one must click Insert Signature Picture to place that picture into the signature edit pane and then, once any edits are completed, must click 'Save changes' to complete the process. One can also 'Preview Signature' if desired to see what it looks like.

I did a sample with my account, seen below....

Paul edited the subscription features the last time he was here to align with what actually exists as far as I can tell. Named moderators have premium accounts for their alters and I checked the features and they all seem to work.

Be aware size limitations also apply to avatars allowed with the premium accounts. The process works pretty similar to how it does with signatures.
Thanks. I think the size of the image may have been my problem. It's okay to upload your own, isn't it?
wmacbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 12:53 PM   #6
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Yes, one may upload an image from their computer. If using web-based images, in the past I found it easier to copy them to my computer then use image software to size/compress them to match forum constraints.

ETA, I experimented with the 'save signature' feature by accident in my last post, not correctly saving the changes so the output didn't attach to my prior post. In between, I saved the content and the sample displays below. Also, ones signature only displays once per rendered forum page.
Old 16th June 2017, 11:01 PM   #7
Established Member

Premium Subscription Renewal Problem

I also have a problem with premium subscriptions. Although I've been renewing my annual subscription for seven years, I now find that LoveShack's links to PayPal no longer permit payment. When I click on "Non-Recurring," the LS link takes me to a PayPal page stating "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

When I click on "Recurring," the LS link takes me to a PayPal page stating "This recipient is currently unable to receive money" and identifying LoveShack as the "recipient." This response suggests that LoveShack.org has a technical problem with PayPal. Over the past 9 days, I've repeatedly tried to buy an annual renewal but always get those same two messages.

I first reported this problem to LoveShack moderators using the link (cited in the General Forum) in the instruction, "Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account." Although I did that two weeks ago, I have received no response. A week ago, I sent a second message to that same link address -- but still have received no response. Your help will be much appreciated.
Satu likes this.
Downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 11:06 PM   #8
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

There's an announcement running on the payment problem forum wide. 'Contact Us' goes to Paul and we haven't seen him around for a couple years.
Downtown likes this.
Old 17th June 2017, 3:02 PM   #9
Established Member

Journal Entries: 124
Ordering seems to be broken.

Thats a pity, because I like to support LS.
Shanex likes this.

"We fly to get high."
Satu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2017, 3:28 PM   #10
Established Member

Journal Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satu View Post
Ordering seems to be broken.

Thats a pity, because I like to support LS.
I have the nagging suspicion this will prompt Paul a fast comeback.
Satu likes this.
Shanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2017, 3:53 PM   #11
Established Member

Unable to renew premium subscription

Initially had it on 'recurring' but past few months had manually paid as 'non-recurring'.

Upon attempting to renew, I was greeted by this error from Paypal: http://prntscr.com/fnffdt

I'm aware that there's a pinned thread in relation to this, but posting my experience of it anyway just to see if there's going to be any sort of update or fix

Edit: Another error when you try to purchase through the 'recurring' option: http://prntscr.com/fnfgkj
DarrenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2017, 4:10 PM   #12
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

One idea to try:

Send your comments from your real world e-mail address to: paul at loveshack dot org (configured as a normal e-mail address) with 'LoveShack Premium Subscription Payment Failure' in the subject line.

I don't know if he has a redirect set up but might and the money part might get his attention. No guarantees but that's my best suggestion at this point. I'll check my old flip phone to see if I still have his last known number. Yeah it's been that long

Sorry about the inconvenience!
Old 23rd June 2017, 8:17 PM   #13
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

I sent Paul an email 6 days ago about this, no reply as normal.. but he will usually fix this stuff since it impacts the customer experience.. or he has in the past anyhow...
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 8:57 PM   #14
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

I received word that the owner may have snuck in for a moment so I'd like to ask any members who've had the payment issue to try it again and see what happens.

If it doesn't work, well, darn.
Old 25th June 2017, 10:30 PM   #15
Established Member

William, I just tried both the "Recurring" and "Non-Recurring" and got the same two error messages I've seen before. Yes, darn.
Downtown is offline   Reply With Quote