I just can't get over my ex boyfriend?!

Rainbowgoo

When I was 16/17, I had my first relationship with my boyfriend at the time who was 17/18. We met in college. The relationship lasted just over a year and we were both madly in love with each other. We were each other's first love as well as first everything.

The relationship started to go downhill when he became too invested in his band and started going to church, which resulted in him not seeing me as much and I wasn't his priority anymore. This lead to me acting very jealous of the people he spent the most time with and he ended it with the reasoning that I had turned into a psycho.

I was truly heartbroken, I couldn't eat or sleep and I still attended college and parties where I would see him and just burst into tears. One day, he phoned me, telling me how much he missed me and that he wanted to start meeting up with me to see how things would go. This lead to friends with benefits, it just made me worse off.

He then phoned me to tell me he used me and that he didn't miss me etc. my reaction to this was very bad, I was devastated. I said some very horrible things to him, that bad that he's lost 3 stone in 2 months. We've left college now, but I still see posts of him all the time and I miss him so much. I don't think I'll ever be able to get over him. I would really appreciate some reassurance that I'll get over him eventually, because it's 8 months later and I still feel the same!

Tell yourself that you deserve better and you'll find someone else.

8 months is a long time to still be in your state. Do what you can to avoid seeing him and/or pictures of him. It will make the healing faster, trust me.