LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

I have no active infractions; why do my posts require moderation?

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th April 2017, 6:40 PM   #91
Established Member

This also happened to a couple of my longer posts over the weekend, but my other posts went through without delay.
JuneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 6:42 PM   #92
Established Member

Journal Entries: 2
I dont know much about computers and ip stuff i am now using an old laptop with worn out letters on the keyboard keys so excuse if i miss the right letters i have to guess whats on the keys then edit.... because i blew up my desktop computer ...... but i use a blocker and that gives me i believe random ip addys..i like the fact i am a global girl....i live in denver at the moment(not really) and the weather is deb kinda style.......it could be possible that ip blockers cause issues with auto moderation.....im just guessing...but it could.....possibly...just a thought...moseying on now...might go to texAS today missin me some steak.....yeeehhhhhhhar...slinks off.....deb

Last edited by todreaminblue; 25th April 2017 at 6:45 PM..
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 12:12 AM   #93
Established Member

i'm pretty outspoken, been warned several times about my poasts. however, now every one of them is being sent to moderation.

my question is, can i still edit my own poasts after they're approved, for spelling punctuation and content?

p.s. this poast went right to the board. odd.

maybe im only getting moderation on certain boards?

Last edited by Miss Clavel; 2nd May 2017 at 12:14 AM..
Miss Clavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 12:28 AM   #94
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

The last post approved by moderation in this thread was a month ago so your post made it here just fine. Like many others, the issue comes and goes.

Moderator approved posts, if approved within the normal forum time limit for edits, and if no responses to the thread exist subsequent, should be able to be edited by the member, much as you edited your post here after posting it.

More information on editing posts here:

How are posts/threads edited/deleted? How is a username changed/deleted?

Beyond that, the answers to any questions you might have about auto-moderation of posts will be already answered in this thread.

In case I already didn't mention it, members can always post in our test forum to see if their posts are going through. Also, if one normally has PM privileges and they continue to work to send PM's even if a post is moderated, that's an easy way to tell that moderation isn't involved. If we moderate or suspend a member, PM privileges go away.

Thanks for the inquiry, sorry for the inconvenience and have a pleasant evening!
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2017, 3:28 PM   #95

Where is my post

I posted on breaking up, but I do not see it. Can you tell me where it went or why it wouldn't be posted?
Meejustmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2017, 4:52 PM   #96
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Your thread was auto-moderated by the system and that is why it was not visible. This has been a small issue that has been effecting some users recently causing their posts to be delayed. You can read the ongoing discussion here>> Functions not working![including time lag].

I have approved your original thread titled 4.5 years and recent breakup and removed the duplicate and your test post. If this should happen again, just post as normal and your postings will be approved as soon as a moderator logs in. Usually a couple of hours or less but never longer then 24 hours. ~T
Old 4th June 2017, 12:18 PM   #97
Established Member

Moderator review or did it get deleted?

Ummm on my recent thread I started in the dating sections if I previewed a post before submitting it says something like moderators will view this first or something like that and it doesn't show my post at all. And when I submitted a response without previewing the post it immediately posted it. So now I'm afraid all those responses that I previewed first will never post because it was just a glitch lol. Can someone help with this? I don't know if I should repost without preview or trust that it's being reviewed and will eventually posts when it checks out.
Curiousroxy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 12:27 PM   #98
Established Member

By the way the thread in dating section is how long before cutting off a potential. I just tried to repost a response and it says duplicate post will redirect and when it redirects all I see if the post that I didn't preview first. So the ones I posted previewing first is there but hidden lol. So any help is greatly appreciated.
Curiousroxy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2017, 12:55 PM   #99
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Answers to the auto-moderation question are in this thread.

I did delete a duplicate post when approving the posts for the thread. Generally the time parameter is 60 seconds between posts.

Moderation usually checks and approves posts throughout the day and process time can vary between minutes and a few hours depending on staffing.
Old 10th June 2017, 9:41 PM   #100
Established Member

Only some of my posts go into the moderation queue, and it's frustrating because I often (such as just now) post a reply early in a thread and it doesn't appear until much later after a number of others have responded, and it makes me look like I'm not reading the thread or repeating what others have said. I haven't had any warnings or infractions. Perhaps it's because I'm fairly new.
greymatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2017, 7:57 PM   #101
Established Member

I tried to post on gun control and got the under review for 24 to 48 hours message. Only weird thing is, my account isn't flagged or anything.
jay1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 7:16 AM   #102
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Unfortunately Loveshack has developed a few quirks as of late. Most likely due to a lack of maintenance as the site owner has been MIA for a couple years now.

This has resulted in security warnings showing up, the time difference shown by Loveshack vs. Real world time, and some posts being auto-moderated for seemingly no reason.

These things are software or coding issues that are unfortunately out of reach for moderation but you can read the discussion in this thread for more information It starts back on page 2 post 56 or just click this link. ~T
Old 22nd June 2017, 1:54 PM   #103
Established Member

Thanks William, good to know.
greymatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2017, 2:08 AM   #104
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Program note from moderation that I've noted a substantial drop in auto-moderated postings in the last few days. That appears to match up with a decided lack of reports since the middle of June, now nearly a month ago. We were getting them after that but no one apparently posted in this thread but it's been basically zero lately. Maybe the glitch fixed itself or Paul sneaked in and changed something. In any event, I hope that's a good sign and members aren't being inconvenienced as much anymore.