LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

I have no active infractions; why do my posts require moderation?

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd September 2016, 11:14 AM   #61
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Chumplady in particular is a forbidden commercial site link. I noted books for sale referenced on the other site. Perhaps there's another way to provide advice other than linking to commercial sites? If you like we can return the post for editing. Thanks!
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 11:16 AM   #62
Established Member

Hell. Yes, if you could return the post, I'll edit it. Thanks.
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2016, 11:22 AM   #63
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

You should have your content in your PM box/account area presently. Thanks!
Old 5th November 2016, 1:27 PM   #64
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

We've received another report of posts being moderated without enough active infractions so I'll bump this thread. ~6
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 5:52 AM   #65
PLT
Established Member

Hi, I have no infractions (I don't think!) but my latest post is awaiting moderation. It is rather long so maybe thats why.
PLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 2:47 PM   #66
Established Member

Why are my posts moderated?

I've noticed today that all of my posts require moderators to approve them before they are added to the thread. I'm neither a prolific nor controversial poster, so I am not sure why there was a change. Moderator approval was never required in the past for me.

Can someone explain why such a change is made? I'm not asking for specifics for me, but general reasons why people would be put on moderation before posting.
Better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 3:56 PM   #67
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

No moderation issues; answers are in this thread. Merged
Old 16th March 2017, 10:37 AM   #68
Established Member

This morning my posts are going straight to moderation. I don't recall posting anything that violates community standards and I've received no messages to the contrary. If I did would you please let me know the issue is?

Thanks.
Old 16th March 2017, 11:34 AM   #69
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

I checked the thread edit list and apparently your post in this thread made it here without moderation intervention so your answers will be contained in this thread, basically either the software didn't like your IP address or your content.
Old 17th March 2017, 11:10 AM   #70
Established Member

I did manage to make one or two posts successfully this morning, but the last ones went straight to auto-moderation again.

Again I'm pretty certain I have not violated any guidelines. Very frustrating...
WaitingForBardot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 11:17 AM   #71
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Yeah, imagine how frustrating it is for two members for whom every post must be manually approved by moderation, yet they both have a few thousand posts. It's unfortunate but that's how it works. For us, when we punch up the 'new posts' link, we see a little icon next to threads which have posts waiting approval/viewing so it's easy to find those members/posts and review and approve them. When I spot one of the usual members, I go to their account, list their posts and mass approve them. Only takes a few seconds.

As I've already suggested a number of times in the thread, one method to try is resetting one's posting IP or using a different access, like a mobile hotspot or different wi-fi connection. That's helped a number of members. Worth a try.

ETA, I performed the account list on your account, noted two unapproved posts on the first page of 25, and approved them. Things should be squared away now.
Old 17th March 2017, 11:37 AM   #72
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Yeah, imagine how frustrating it is for two members for whom every post must be manually approved by moderation, yet they both have a few thousand posts. It's unfortunate but that's how it works. For us, when we punch up the 'new posts' link, we see a little icon next to threads which have posts waiting approval/viewing so it's easy to find those members/posts and review and approve them. When I spot one of the usual members, I go to their account, list their posts and mass approve them. Only takes a few seconds.

As I've already suggested a number of times in the thread, one method to try is resetting one's posting IP or using a different access, like a mobile hotspot or different wi-fi connection. That's helped a number of members. Worth a try.

ETA, I performed the account list on your account, noted two unapproved posts on the first page of 25, and approved them. Things should be squared away now.
Thanks William, I can only imagine what it's like to deal with this.

I guess I've just been taken by surprise because it only started happening so recently and usually after a previous post or two have already gone through. I'll just wait it out in the future...

Thanks again.
WaitingForBardot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 10:41 AM   #73
Established Member

Me too, 24 to 48 hrs. moderation. Maybe I've done something? since g posts from same IP without any delay.
This post: 3/18 @ 11:23 am.
Timshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2017, 10:56 AM   #74
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

I've noticed a lot of posts coming in auto-moderated from new members as well, first posts generally. My bet is with all the spam being processed and previously banned members returning and being repetitively banned, the software is picking up IP addresses and doing a bit of checking and shunting matches or partial matches to moderation.

Whenever I check, it's now often to find other members tied into the addresses. If that is the case, it would align with prior response in the thread that one has the misfortune to be posting from the same area as a spammer or previously banned member whom we've run through the spam filters.

ETA, in your case it could also be another member with a large IP list posts from the same address as yourself. I noted the one post auto-moderated came from that address. That could trip the software occasionally if you both happen to be online at the same time. As a check, try posting from your/their phone and see what happens. In any event, I approved the post. I also notated both of your accounts for any other moderator checking so they're aware.

Thanks for the reports, sorry for the inconvenience and we'll keep approving such posts as found.
Timshel likes this.

Last edited by William; 18th March 2017 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: Account review resolution posted
Old 18th March 2017, 2:11 PM   #75
Established Member

You must be right. However, he's not here. We rarely post at the same time since one or the other is bored (meaning downtime without the other awake or paying any attention) and don't have each other's password to log in.
It keeps happening though, so I will stop posting for the time being.

Thank you William
Timshel is offline   Reply With Quote