LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

I have no active infractions; why do my posts require moderation?

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th August 2015, 11:55 AM   #46
Established Member

Why are my posts being moderated.....

I have no infractions and received no nudges or warning.
katiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2015, 12:00 PM   #47
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Your answer is probably in this thread. How many posts have you seen this with? I only see one. No apparent reason. Consider it an anomaly and move on?
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 4:57 PM   #48
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Moderator bump due to a member report and, indeed, we do still have some members dealing with this issue. For most it's transitory.
Old 9th September 2016, 10:28 AM   #49
Established Member

Posts subject to moderator?

I have thousands of posts on here. Why are all my posts suddenly being subjected to moderator approval? I haven't even had a warning for a very long time.
central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 10:37 AM   #50
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Threads merged

Edited to add try posting from an IP other than a military collector proxy as an experiment. I'll bet that's the problem.

Last edited by William; 9th September 2016 at 10:39 AM..
Old 14th September 2016, 4:50 PM   #51
Established Member

I'm now having my posts moderated too.

I recently uploaded a pic for my profile, and changed my settings so only registered members can see my pic.
DrReplyInRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 5:34 PM   #52
Established Member

Repost for visibility.

I am posting from work. I am not proxied through, or affiliated with any military establishment or personnel.

Just so you have a bit more info.
Old 14th September 2016, 5:37 PM   #53
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

I alerted the other moderators to this and approved your posts. I don't know why the picture would cause your posts to be moderated but if it continues I would suggest taking the picture down to see if your posts go through.

It could also be a change in IP from your workplace.

You can test posts on the Testing sub-forum under The Water Cooler: http://www.loveshack.org/forums/off-...ooler/testing/

~6
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 5:56 PM   #54
Established Member

RESULTS:

If you have a link filled out for your home page (I had let-me-google-that-for-you url in it), it will moderate all your posts.

I removed it, my posts are no longer moderated.
Old 15th September 2016, 9:43 PM   #55
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

We have a lot of members who have links in their homepage field of their profile and very few, generally under 10, have postings consistently moderated and the vast majority of those have nothing in their homepage field.

Glad it worked out for you. Personally, unless Paul has some odd switch flipped on the back end, I don't see a marked correlation. However, I'll check with the vBulletin software forums to see if they've got anything.
Old 17th September 2016, 9:24 PM   #56
Established Member

I just received a moderation message when I tried to post in the "Infidelity" forum. However, I was not sent a message from moderators regarding an infraction.

I am able to post in other forums without a moderation message. Not sure what's going on.
BettyDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016, 9:44 PM   #57
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

I approved the post that gave you that message. You don't have any active infractions so it was most likely an anomaly of some sort since your other recent posts have gone through. ~6
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2016, 4:01 PM   #58
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I approved the post that gave you that message. You don't have any active infractions so it was most likely an anomaly of some sort since your other recent posts have gone through. ~6
I see. Thanks Robert.

Is there any way to fix these hiccups?
BettyDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2016, 4:48 PM   #59
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyDraper View Post
Is there any way to fix these hiccups?
On our end, there's not much we can do as that is a software issue and moderation doesn't have access to that. Certain posts can be auto-moderated for a variety of reasons from including links in your post, to having the IP you are using show up on a blacklist.

If the problem persists, there are several free websites out there that will tell you if a certain IP address has been black listed for one reason or another, but usually this happens when a member is using an IP other then their usual (Posting from work, a friends house, public WiFi etc.)

If you isolate where the posts that are getting flagged are being sent from and find it has been blacklisted, you can usually request a new IP from your service provider. ~T
Old 22nd September 2016, 10:53 AM   #60
Established Member

Could I please get one of you guys to approve of the post I made to this thread:

Wife had affair now needs space. I want to save my marriage

Thank you.
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote