LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

I have no active infractions; why do my posts require moderation?

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th February 2015, 5:43 PM   #31
Established Member

Thank you William...I am on my I pad and have been in several different locations today...one was the airport...so I understand.

I will be on the laptop this evening...that should fix it.

Thanks again!
Mrs. John Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2015, 5:45 PM   #32
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

As a program note, this most recent post came from the same address and was not moderated. Hopefully, whatever went on has resolved. If not, we'll approve posts as found.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2015, 5:58 PM   #33
Established Member

Yes I am on my iPad using AT&T....but on my way home....thanks for your patience William...John is driving so I get to use my iPad.

Sorry to be a pain.
Mrs. John Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 1:14 AM   #34
Established Member

Got a warning message for posting?

In the water cooler thread, I made a reply to a thread and upon submitting it, I got a message that the post had to be review by a moderator before completion, but when I posted in a different thread, the message didn't pop up? The post went right through. I try submitting the post again (the one that gave the warning) and I got the 24-48 hour notice, not really sure why that would even be happening. It is just weird to have happened in only a particular thread and not in another.
Old 2nd May 2015, 1:27 AM   #35
Established Member

I've had that happen to me a few times, there is an answer to this ? but I can't remember the reason why it happens.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 1:55 AM   #36
Established Member

same here... and when it did show up on the thread, it came in twice (coz I sent it twice). not sure how or why that happened.
Old 2nd May 2015, 8:29 AM   #37
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

If you are not on any kind of moderated status then the chances are that your IP is causing the spam software to grab your post and put it in queue.

Your IP may very well be on a blacklist and LoveShack uses those to control spam.

The only option you have to get around it is ask your ISP for another IP or give it enough time, normally your IP will change and posting will go back to normal.

However, if you are on moderated status for infractions or the like then posting into the queue for the allotted time (normally 1-10 days) is all you can do until your posting privileges come back.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 8:34 AM   #38
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

contact1, I checked your IP and it is listed in a spam blacklist database:

SORBS DUHL and Spamhaus ZEN

I used: Email Blacklist Check - See if your server is blacklisted

The only option you have then is to get a new IP from your ISP and on a side note.. you will find that some of your personal emails sent from that IP will also not make it to their intended person as they will be considered spam if they subscribe to a listing service.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 1:34 PM   #39
Established Member

Hmm that's very interesting, thank you for looking into that. I know the IP from where I am does change constantly, I don't believe my ISP is able to provide a static IP, so will just have to wait for it to change on its own and deal with it when it happens, thank you!
contact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2015, 2:24 PM   #40
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Merged into consolidated thread on this topic.
Old 12th May 2015, 5:12 PM   #41
Established Member

I have the same problem. Not sure if it was because of an infraction or not as I can't find any reference to such. I'm not sure if this gives you more details...but I was investigating to see if there were any visible infractions in any of the user settings and I saw this in my 'edit details':

"Your account is currently restricted from the forum. If a reason was given by the moderators, it will appear below:
New member review~T
You may contact us for additional information or assistance in restoring access to the site."

Thanks!
empresario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2015, 6:48 PM   #42
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

New members are subject to moderation review and it appears another moderator had placed a review period for your account and it shows to expire no later than 4 Days, 3 Hours from now.
Old 20th June 2015, 9:22 AM   #43
Established Member

- edit for problem resolution - sorry, I totally forgot I was using TOR! Thanks! -
lana-banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2015, 5:16 PM   #44
Established Member

well, who knew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Any link which ends in '.com' or '.biz' or '.tv', etc, etc, runs the risk of auto-moderation. Additionally, detected commercial content from other countries can be subject to auto-moderation, depending on IP detection.

The site owner would prefer people not directly link to commercial sites, at all. That's why we have a 'friendly reminder' for commercial links, as well as a ban for people who post them regularly.

The approved method of directing a potential reader of a book would be to state 'check out xxx (title of book) book on Amazon', focusing on the content of the book being relevant to the topic. Generally, refrain from making a commercial product the topic of a thread, as commercial products have nothing to do with the intended purpose of this site, which is discussing interpersonal relationships.
First, I'm glad to know all this but annoyed it's new information. Couldn't you make it somehow accessible from the guidelines?

Second, I probably don't understand all of it just like I didn't understand most of the mod "reminders" I've gotten.

So this is saying that you guys deal (mostly) with posts queued up by an auto censor because of (mostly) questionable IP addresses and .com (et al) links, right?

I do not get, however, that we should "not directly link to commercial sites" if this is also the case:
Quote:
Should it be necessary to quote directly from any source, electronic or otherwise, a proper, full citation must be included. If the resource is located on the web, a direct link should appear with the content. Quotes may not be longer than 250 words.
I'm in an academic setting where NOT citing is tantamount to genocide (watching my autocensor triggers), but you're saying better just to mention a book by title or summarize because proper citing would get me censored? So by "full citation" you mean what exactly? Everything but copy/paste URL links with the no-no extensions? Or maybe this part of the guidelines isn't current any more?

Last edited by merrmeade; 6th July 2015 at 5:50 PM..
merrmeade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2015, 10:44 AM   #45
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Unless the site owner changes the guidelines, we're bound by our agreement with him to enforce as stated.

Bottom line is be careful with anything that's for sale. Definitely don't link to it. Google search terms are acceptable.

What you're apparently conflating is our prohibition of commercial content with our guideline regarding proper citation of content and linking to it. If the content is commercial, meaning someone makes money from it directly, directing to it is 'advertising' and prohibited. For other content, where someone isn't making money from it directly, citation and linking is per guidelines.

Our software catches some known or potential commercial links and shunts them to the queue. If we ban a member via our spam panel for commercial linking, their IP address goes to the anti-spam databases and future registrations using that IP may be automatically shuttled to our moderation queue whether that member is publishing commercial content or not. It may be a completely different person, just with the misfortune of posting from an IP used by a spammer.