LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

I have no active infractions; why do my posts require moderation?

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th April 2014, 11:12 AM   #16
Established Member

Thanks for the reply and clarification -- my guess was actually way off as to what it may have been!
Waverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2014, 7:11 AM   #17
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Thread bumped up for more reports
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 9:37 PM   #18
Established Member

I'm having this problem too. I had on Infraction last week that is no longer active. Yet my posts require moderation.

It seems like infractions don't truly expire on the date stated?
Mister Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 2:18 AM   #19
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Ha, read your FR tab; you've got two active FR's, one of which will expire 10/10 @ ~9pm EDT. Once your point total drops below 10, we don't have to read your posts prior to publication anymore. Different from the title of the thread.
Old 18th October 2014, 11:51 PM   #20
Established Member

I have never had a post that didn't have to wait the 24 hours so I stopped posting much.
It's frustrating for posts to get lost in a thread.

I've tried "contacting privately" in the past but nothing changed.
I sent another one tonight.
ChasingCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 10:56 AM   #21
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Based on thread reports and my read of your account, a posting which contained a commercial link was posted and caught by our software on October 18. Another post, about 30 minutes later, was also auto-moderated but it didn't contain a link. The software will often flag an IP if it generates a commercial link type auto-moderation. However, and I didn't check all of your postings, if they've always been auto-moderated, it's your ISP's interaction with our software. Moderation can't change that. However, as outlined in this thread, it is possible to request a different IP from one's ISP and try that. Otherwise, we simply add you to the very short list of posters whose postings need approval.
Old 10th November 2014, 2:25 PM   #22
Established Member

What do I have to do?

What do I have to do to stop having all my posts under mod for 24 hours?
I don't bother posting anymore because of this. My posts don't even get seen half the time.
I have tried contacting privately and messaging the site several times as well as inquiring directly in threads.

Logged in today to test posting and sure enough- still on mod.

I've never had any issues as far as I am aware with infractions or posting something wrong. I would assume someone would alert me if I had.

I don't see anything in guidelines specifically saying when mod stops but I have never encountered a forum modding someone for as long as I have been.

If someone could respond to this, that would be great.
Old 10th November 2014, 2:37 PM   #23
Established Member

I started a new thread because when I first read this I had no idea you could even be talking to me. I don't have a clue what you are talking about posting commercial links- I have been here for 16 months and never been off moderation, ever, so trying to sneak posting a link of some sort 14 months into moderation wouldn't even make rational sense. I would assume that if a link was posted inappropriately, especially if an accident, someone would inform the person. That would be the polite thing to do so it didn't happen again.

Feel free to delete my other thread; I understand not to waste my time anymore- this is a permanent foul up.
Old 10th November 2014, 2:37 PM   #24
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

It appears you've already asked the question and the answers appear in the thread your duplicate inquiry was merged into.
Old 19th January 2015, 5:04 AM   #25

Moderation?

Why does it take my posts 24-48 hours to post when others seemingly post in mere minutes after a thread is created? Also, why does my formatting become so messed up after I post? Like my paragraphs disappear.
Hopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 6:16 AM   #26
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

This thread has your answers. Merged.
Old 8th February 2015, 11:07 PM   #27

I was new here and I was also wondering about this. The only thing that I could think of was that shortly after creating me account, I realized that I'd mistyped my user name, so I messaged the moderation. This might have tripped the forum software to require moderation for my posts.

I've never posted any links or otherwise, but every single one of my posts has gone to moderation automatically, having to wait the "24-48 hours," and my posts end up getting lost in the thread because the posts will show up in chronological order.

If it's an IP issue, I guess I'm S.O.L., because internet Wi-Fi is included in the rent, and so I'm under the landlord's account. Nothing I can do about it even if I do change accounts.
Nom-d-l'utilisateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 1:32 AM   #28
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

In your case, it probably won't make any difference because your provider is on a couple of the big internet spam blacklists and your international location is rife with spammer IP's even if yours isn't. Probably somewhere along the line we banned enough spammers with IP blocks similar enough that it's triggering our software, which interacts with anti-spam sites to 'learn' what to block or shunt to moderation.

Currently, there are under a half-dozen regular posters affected so a quite small number compared to the thousands who visit here each day. We usually get posts approved within a couple of hours, though from your part of the planet sometimes it might take longer simply because we're all US based and sleeping.
Old 13th February 2015, 3:23 PM   #29
Established Member

It also just happened to me...please tell me why.
Mrs. John Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2015, 3:45 PM   #30
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Pretty similar:

1. Your wireless provider is on three discrete internet IP blacklists

2. The IP block is in a large metro area which sees numerous accesses to our forum and likely some have been banned in the past, which triggers our software.

My suggestion would be to try a land-based IP for comparison, like a wi-fi node or cable or DSL provider.

I merged and approved the posts in question.