LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Consolidated question/information thread - Established membership/ private messages

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2013, 12:22 PM   #46
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

We might speculate that moderation has seen and sent far more PM's than members have and I've yet to see any such raw HTML in any messages received or sent. So far, I've deleted between 5 and 6 thousand messages from my box after backing them up, as we only get 1000 message limits as moderators.

However, we can experiment and attempt to duplicate your issue.

If you can, upload a screen shot of what you're seeing and link it here. That might help.

We have some reports in other threads of the site being 'slow' and 'buggy' the last few days so the issues may be related. As of yet, neither active moderator can duplicate those issues but the site owner has been advised of them.

Thanks for the report and I'll update once testing is completed.

Edited to add test message sent to thread starter and Robert. No issues on my end. Message reads in sent box exactly as sent with no extraneous code or raw html.

Additionally, it just occurred to me that your complaint may be seeing the quoted received message in your reply box, with the quoted message also including any UBB code (you'll see a bunch of it in my test message) which formats it for reading when received. That's normal across vBulletin. Let me experiment a bit with forum formatting options and see if reply box options for posts extend to PM's....... testing complete: Reply box options change only the options when forming a new reply, whether to a posting or PM, and have no effect on reading replies or any coding contained within.

Lastly, if members are unaware, the site owner has HTML turned off for the private messaging system, as well as the forum, so any raw html won't display like the web content it should, rather as HTML text.

You'll see evidence of this at the bottom left of the post reply page:

"BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off"

Last edited by William; 14th December 2013 at 1:48 PM.. Reason: Update
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 2:35 PM   #47

Lightbulb Private Messaging?

Hey guys, I did do a quick forum search and also looked at my profile and the options, but I don't see how to PM somebody.

Is it possible?

Cheers!
777doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 2:36 PM   #48
Established Member

You need to donate to the site to get instant PM or you have to be a member for a minimum time (1 month, I think) & have a minimum of 100 posts (I think that's the magic number)

Once you hit those milestones, the option becomes available to you.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2013, 2:41 PM   #49
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Moved inquiry to consolidated thread on private messaging.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:34 AM   #50
Established Member

Contacting unlisted member

Hi,
How do you contact a member who doesn't have a contact tab?
Thanks,
Mukk
mukkrakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 11:42 AM   #51
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukkrakker View Post
Hi,
How do you contact a member who doesn't have a contact tab?
Thanks,
Mukk
You don't. Private messaging is a privilege that certain members obtain, either by their contributions here or by paying for a membership, and that privilege is completely within their control, both in how they use it and who they allow to contact them.

I'll move this to the large thread already existing on private messaging, as it covers more details of our private message system.

Last edited by William; 7th February 2014 at 1:19 PM.. Reason: Merged thread
Old 4th May 2014, 10:35 PM   #52
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Bumping this up to reactivate for message system questions.
Old 15th May 2014, 10:58 PM   #53
Established Member

Inbox

How can I pm someone? I dont see it anywhere.
inlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 1:51 PM   #54
Established Member

Does putting somebody on ignore delete their PM's in your inbox?

I recently put somebody on ignore.

I had several private messages with that person saved in my inbox. When I was cleaning up my inbox, I had selected to delete a couple of messages that were not from this person. When I clicked delete, the messages I had selected were deleted, as well as every single PM I had from the person who was ignored.

Was that supposed to happen?
somedude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 1:58 PM   #55
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

When a member is placed on one's ignore list, existing messages in one's PM box from that member are both hidden and automatically checked so, if you select messages for deletion, and don't uncheck those from the ignored member, those will be deleted along with the others. Once placed on ignore, you will not receive a private message again from that member, though they may send messages. The messages disappear into the database.

I'll move this to the consolidated thread on private messages.
Old 31st May 2014, 2:04 PM   #56
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
When a member is placed on one's ignore list, existing messages in one's PM box from that member are both hidden and automatically checked so, if you select messages for deletion, and don't uncheck those from the ignored member, those will be deleted along with the others. Once placed on ignore, you will not receive a private message again from that member, though they may send messages. The messages disappear into the database.

I'll move this to the consolidated thread on private messages.
Ugh, so that's what happened.

Yeah, that's not a convenient feature.

I certainly did not want to delete all those PM's just because I wanted a time out from seeing their posts.
Old 31st May 2014, 2:11 PM   #57
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Tip: You can back up your messages to offline and, from my tests, ignored messages download in clear text.

To me, the software logic is apparently that unwanted messages from ignored members are unwanted, so the default is to hide and delete. No change possible from our end. Site owner thing.
Old 31st May 2014, 2:26 PM   #58
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Tip: You can back up your messages to offline and, from my tests, ignored messages download in clear text.

To me, the software logic is apparently that unwanted messages from ignored members are unwanted, so the default is to hide and delete. No change possible from our end. Site owner thing.
Thanks for the tip William. It never occurred to me before to use that feature.

That actually makes managing space in my inbox much easier.
Old 25th June 2014, 11:03 PM   #59
Established Member

PM Question

So, I've sent a couple of PMs to people, including a moderator to ask a specific question about a rule, but when I check to see if the PM was sent… it says I have 0 sent messages which leaves me to believe that my messages aren't being sent/aren't working. Is there something I can do to fix it? Does anyone know what is wrong with it? The only reason I'm posting this here instead of PMing a moderator, is because as I said, I don't think my messages are actually getting sent.
Old 26th June 2014, 1:41 AM   #60
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

This post should answer your question regarding saving sent messages:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/gene...es#post4788329

If your question is a policy question, meaning you want to know 'why' we have a rule, our head moderator will be your point of contact, since he instructs us on policy. PM member 'Tony'.

Since your question pertained to our private message system, I merged it into the consolidated thread on that topic.