LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > LoveShack.org Questions and Comments

Consolidated question/information thread - Established membership/ private messages

LoveShack.org Questions and Comments The place to post any questions or comments you may have regarding LoveShack.org or the LoveShack.org Community Forums. Please Contact Us privately with any inquiries related to your personal account.

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th April 2013, 1:05 PM   #16
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Members in good standing remain as long as they wish, and such comments about other members are inappropriate behavior on-forum. I'd suggest re-thinking before making them in the future.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 6:39 PM   #17
Established Member

Oh, I was being completely facetious, but duly noted. I'll be more careful with my humor moving forward. Not looking to join those messages in oblivion, kind Sir William.
Cutiepie1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 6:51 AM   #18
Established Member

If you put someone on ignore - can they still PM you?

And like your posts?
Old 21st April 2013, 9:11 AM   #19
Established Member

I think they can like your posts but they can't PM you.
Emilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 5:31 PM   #20

I think they think they can PM you... Like, I think it goes off into space. I don't think they get a rejection message.
Star Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 5:59 PM   #21
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Quote:
If you put someone on ignore - can they still PM you?
They can form a PM and send it but it will not be received.

Quote:
And like your posts?
To my knowledge, yes, but your ability to like their posts is removed.

Based on the title, I'll move this to the pinned thread on private messages.
Old 22nd April 2013, 1:52 AM   #22
Established Member

Interesting, thanks
Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 11:31 PM   #23
Established Member

How long until I get access to PM's? I thought it was 2 months (which is today) and I have over 150 posts... I 'jumped to' that folder and was told that I didn't have privileges.
Praying4Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 11:34 PM   #24
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Your 30 days since registering is up today. Check your panel tomorrow morning and enable PM if not already done.
Old 7th May 2013, 11:35 PM   #25
tbf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praying4Peace View Post
How long until I get access to PM's? I thought it was 2 months (which is today) and I have over 150 posts... I 'jumped to' that folder and was told that I didn't have privileges.
Have you turned on the option to PM?

Top navigation bar = My profile/CP
Left hand nav bar = Settings and options/Edit Options/Messaging and Notification/Enable Private Messaging
tbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 7:41 PM   #26
tbf

Access to PMs

Do Moderators and Administrators have access to members PMs or is it just Administrators?
Old 24th June 2013, 8:26 PM   #27
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

I can only speak for moderators, we do not have any access to posters pm's, passwords, email addresses or any personal info besides your posting history/deleted posts and infractions.

As far as the site owner, my assumption would be that yes he has access to all of it.
tbf likes this.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 8:30 PM   #28
tbf

Thanks Robert, any idea about senior moderators or the board of directors?
Old 24th June 2013, 8:32 PM   #29
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

I couldn't answer for them, but would I find it unlikely the site owner would deviate from the policy of protecting posters anonymity and allow any other person access to personal info.
Anela and tbf like this.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 8:34 PM   #30
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Anyone with direct access to the database can read PM's, though it's pretty ugly in native mode. However, as an example, here's a hack that's available for LoveShack's version of the software to clean things up a bit:

Read PMs (PM Management Suite Lite) - vBulletin.org Forum

I'm unaware of whether or not such hacks have been installed and whether the administrator must be logged into the forums, visibly, to use them. I would presume so because he was logged in while making other changes to the software the last time he was here in January. I'll inquire of the head moderator as to what database access he has. I know that moderation (forum moderators) has no such access.

Edited to add that I went back and searched the last decade of private postings and found no references to moderators/administrators having or using access to the database to read member's PM's. I did find plenty of references to protecting member's privacy and fixing the PM system to do that, specifically from PM spamming.

I'll move this to the consolidated thread regarding our Private Message system

Thanks for the question.
tbf likes this.

Last edited by William; 24th June 2013 at 9:03 PM.. Reason: Performed database search