What are ways to make your bf a little jealous (just to keep the spark)

I am not into manipulations and stuff, but I do admit that I enjoy it if my bf shows little sings of being jealous about other men. He is NOT a jealous person by nature and is NOT controllling, ect.

For example, we were at a nude beach together and this guy said hi to me while we were walking and I said "hi" back. He ignored the guy and asked me it I knew him. It turned out we'd spoken to him once before and we'd both forgotten, but does this mean he was a little jealous?

He also told me that some older man at the same beach couldn't stop staring at me. (I never even noticed it) Does this also mean he was jealous?

Then another time I was telling him about this old platonic male friend of mine from Cuba who I went for a walk with a few days ago. The first thing he asked was "Are Cubans good lovers? Have you ever been with one?" What he really mean was had I ever been together with my platonic friend.

It seems like every time I tell him about a male friend or someone I used to know he wants to know if I ever had anything with him or was interested. I am also THE SAME WAY if he tells me about female friends.

I think this is just a "healthy" kind of mild jealousy that keeps the spark. Do you think this is good? What are other ways men get jealous that keep the spark?

Couldn't you find a better way to liven things up? (Ever made whoopee blind-folded?) Some guys just aren't jealous. Personally, I'd say if you want him, knock yourself out.

What you must realize is that your BF isn't as likely to get mad at the other guy is he is to get mad at you, especially if he suspects you're intentionally playing with his feelings.

This reminds me of the According to Jim episode. Like 1-2 times a year, he would get all over his wife's back and pretend like he was jealous to make her feel good. LOL that's just weird to me.

You may end up going to far with this whole jealousy thing. Play it safe and find something else to "keep the spark."

you are playing with fire if this is the way you need to keep a "spark" sounds to me that you just like to toy with him despite not wanting to "manlipulate!"

Jealousy is never healthy, nor is wanting to purposely cause it

Then another time I was telling him about this old platonic male friend of mine from Cuba who I went for a walk with a few days ago.

Who was that? Fidel Castro?

I'm surprised I didn't hear any jokes already from this thread

" sleep with his bestfriend, that will do the trick "

haha I think seeing jealousy in a SO can be a turn on, as crazy as that sounds aggresive can be sexy. Though people are right when saying you are playing with fire, you don't know how high the flame will get and soon enough you'll have your eye brows burnt off

be careful

I'm guess that if you want an SO that's jealous, you need to find one who will think of you as a possession, not a friend/partner/equal.

LM, agree that agression can be sexy, but it has to be with reason (eg defending someone) or in fun (sports, tickle fights, etc.) not to change your mind about who you like (or are pretending to like.)

mental_traveller

I think some jealousy is a healthy and normal reaction in any serious relationship. But it should be the sort of jealousy that shows you have lines in the sand that you don't want crossed, not the sort that shows you're insecure or just a possessive *******.

Personally I not only demand that a woman isn't interested in any other guy, but also she avoids the *appearance* that she might be, and avoids any situation that might encourage a guy to think he has a chance. Then again, I'm totally cool with a woman feeling the same way with me - I wouldn't get a close "platonic" female friend beyond a certain point; I don't "talk" alone with single women etc.

So yeah IMO some jealousy is good. I don't think it's a good idea to *intentionallY* create it though, that's playing games and if you are not an expert than you can get burned. Rest assured, jealousy will occur from time to time of its own accord - no need to create any more! Personally I prefer somewhat jealous women (but not too extreme), it shows they are passionately into you and can't stand the thought of you being with someone else. My gf is a bit jealous and admits to liking it if I get a bit jealous too, so there you go. None of it is planned though, just the way it turns out, and we have similar views on it so it works fine.