Terms of endearment

What do you think of someone you know casually using phrases like honey darling babe, sweetheart.

To be honest i don't mind used to hate it but maybe its an age thing as you get older lol.

Now if someone was to call you by a Term of endearment (not a friend as such but someone you know) but added the word My at the beginning how would you feel.

So he calls you My sweetheart, my darling etc.

IMO, it bugs me when people younger than me use these terms. It sounds pretty stupid and patronizing to me. LOL.

As far as someone adding My before it, it's fine jokingly. Or else it sounds the same as I stated before. :laugh:

It sounds weird to me....first of all, I'd never respond to such a thing...

If its joking, I don't think it'd have the "my" in front of it....that's taking it too far IMHO

What do you think of someone you know casually using phrases like honey darling babe, sweetheart.

You mena someone of the opposite sex, don't you? :)

It really annoys me, unless the other person is clearly being facetious.

Now if someone was to call you by a Term of endearment (not a friend as such but someone you know) but added the word My at the beginning how would you feel.

So he calls you My sweetheart, my darling etc.

I'd be annoyed, unless he is doing it in a very playful manner - I wouldn't mind even if he was being ironic.

If he's a guy I'm interested in... well, I have quite the opposite reaction. :o

I love it if I get the idea that he is interested in me, but I get upset at him if he is using such words, no matter how playfully or jokingly, and is not even slightly interested. :o

If he seriously says things like "my darling" "my dear", it sounds too goofy for me. I'd :rolleyes: be unattracted.

A lot of people use terms of "endearment" in a condescending way that gets on my nerves. Like, "Not THAT, honey." Eh. More like "terms of annoyance."

My boyfriend calls me darling. I love it. But I can't get myself to do the same to him. It's just... not me. :rolleyes: I would love it if he said, "MY darling." I think it'd be cute. :love: