stalker situation after breakup

my girlfriend and i broke up after a two year relationship. We still are in love with eachother.

Recently, i regained some contact with her. We still dont talk on the phone nor instant messenger, but we were able to continue contact via email and txt message.

One day, a "friend" of hers instant messeged me and threatened me not to talk to her ever again. That really upset me cause she never mentioned that she wanted to be left alone before. I attempted to ask her for clarity on the matter (via txts), but i was met with more threats from her "friend", and was never able to properly contact her.

A few days later, while i was checking my email, i noticed that all the emails i ever received from her were deleted...and it was obvious that only her emails were deleted becuase the rest of the emails were left intact.

Later that day, she emailed me to apologize for her actions and once again confirmed her feelings for me, and told me she would come back to me once shes happy with her life again. She also told me that she told all her friends to not threaten me. We also determined to use solely email for communication rather than txt messages to keep the cost down.

I also assumed at the time, that she was the one who entered my email account since shes the only person i ever gave away my password to. (but just in case, i changed my password after the incident). She told me she had no idea wat i was talking about, so i simply ignored the event.

We emailed eachother daily, and we both seemed pretty content with talking to eachother this way. She sent me many sweet messages too.

HOWEVER, her "friend" instant messeged me again, and threatened me again not to email her anymore, and that she wanted to be left alone. That got me really upset cause 1.)she said she wont let any of her friends threaten me anymore 2.)she left me sweet messeges in the last email. I was confused and upset, and left her an email stating that i was really upset that she let her friend threaten me again, and that SHE should leave me alone if she wants ME to leave me alone.

Soon after, she instant messeged me saying she was really confused and surprised. She apparently had no idea that someone was still threatening me. I gave her the screenname of the "friend" that threatened me, and she told me she had no idea who he was. She also told me that she never told anyone about us emailing eachother. She also never gave anyone my screenname nor my email password. And obviously, someone had to go into her email account to discover that we were still talking to eachother.

The person must be a stalker. We both immediately changed our passwords. She told me to completely ignore him and not threaten him back...and if i do, she said she'll stop talking to me (probably to protect me, and to protect herself from this situation escalating). So i agreed, and we both blocked his screenname.

I dont feel safe on the internet anymore. I was so emotionally fragile from the initial break up, and this brought me even further into depression. I hate thinking that someone is reading every message i send to her.

Is it really that easy to get someones email password? And wat should i do about this stalker?...will he eventually leave us alone if we ignore him?

whichwayisup

How did someone you don't know get on your IM list?

Maybe you both need to start talking on the phone, instead of through the computer.

Anyway, report the person who is harrassing you and sending you threatening messages.

She told me to completely ignore him and not threaten him back...and if i do, she said she'll stop talking to me (probably to protect me, and to protect herself from this situation escalating).

Why should she care??!!

And the answer is: because she knows this person. This is her boyfriend.

• Author

I assume he was able to find my screenname to IM me cause my screenname is the same for my email address...

The stalker is probably someone my gf once knew closely...since he has her email.

Or your stalker is HER.

If she is the only one who knew all of this information then it stands to reason that she could be the "friend" sending you these messages.

Maybe she is bi-polar; who knows. Just food for thought.

• Author

i dont want to jump to conclusions just yet. I know its possible that she has a boyfriend or someone similar...but i also think its possible that shes tellin the truth

blind_otter

Why don't you guys chill out with the contact and see if the stalker disappears.

This person is really a poor excuse for a stalker. Probably more accurate to call them a cyberannoyance.

What's their screen name? I could do with a laugh.

spankybigman69??