I he really interested in me or is he just being nice?

My husband passed away and I have been out of the dating game so long I am not sure how to read the signs anymore. HELP !!!!!

I have been talking with a guy that my husband and I knew/know. Not well but we knew/know him to see him around. Anyway we have met in a casual atmosphere a couple of times. Each time I thought I saw signals of interest like; certain glances, looks, winks. Finding excuses to touch me wether it be on the arm, leg and even a hug once. We have even shared drinks (he'll try my drink and I will try his). On our last encounter I gave him my number, he seemed receptive to this. However, he said that he is not interested in any serious relationships right now (becuase he has just gotten a divorce, which I knew about) but would like to go out as friends and if something grows of it so be it. I told him this is perfect for me because I am still trying to get over husbands death and what ever I do, I need to take things slow and not rush.

My dilema; Does he seem genuinely interested? Did I say the right thing? I have a tendancy of persuing something when I feel strongly about it. I really like this guy and I am really trying to play it cool, so I don't scare him off or rush myself. Please, send me some pointers so I know what to do?

I think you should go ahead & date him. Both of you are clear in what you want and how to go about it , so its perfect :)

Dont go too strong , let things flow as they shape up over time.

Well you gave him your number and made it plain as day that you are interested so it's kinda up to him to make the next move. But don't put your eggs in one basket just yet. You said that you haven't dated in awhile so let me give you a little advise: Continue to live your life like you haven't met the man of your dreams yet. It's okay to like him but if you are too aggressive and too upfront he's likely to go away even if he does like you.

Keep your options open, date other men or keep yourself busy with other things that make you happy. If he calls and asks you out then take it from there. If he doesn't then you'll be okay because you're still dating others right? Don't tie yourself down until you feel completely comfortable with someone.

Oh....and I think you said the right things. You're doing fine.

Wow...first of all let me start by sending my condolences to you about your husband. Well its seems this guy genuinley likes because anybody who wants to take it slow means basically that he is interested in you but i think he wants to make sure that this time he doesnt end up in a divorce, you know what im saying? You should definitely not give up on him and just give him some time to open up to you. Hope this helps you out a little bit..good luck