GF keeps picture of ex-bf

A few months ago I found a picture that my girlfriend was keeping of her ex-boyfriend. She kept this picture in that back of her checkbook with other papers. I showed her what I found and she said that she didn't know why she kept it...that she even forgot it was there and just never took it out to throw away. She did throw the picture out after this though. But I was and still am very hurt by this. She said she doesn't know why she kept it but did say that maybe its because its a reminder of what she doesn't want in a relationship. Please let me know what you think about this. Why did she keep the picture? Why would anyone keep a picture of an ex?

As much as everyone hates to hear it, the past makes up a large part of what we are today. Its ridiculous to expect someone to burn every trace of their past to live in the present. Good or bad, the past makes us who we are today, and we shouldn't try to forget it compeletly.

Now, on the other hand if she whipped out the picture and masterbated to it on a regular basis, I would say you have reason for confusion. I doubt that this is the case.

It could honestly be that she just forgot it was there, she threw it away after you pointed it out, what more do you want? If you want a girl that doesn't have a past then break up with your current one and find someone else

When I got back together with my Xbf after being broke-up for 2 years, I found my picture above his visor in his blazer. He never took it down. I figure it's still up there to this day. I don't think he really cares if it's there or not.

I keep one picture of all my xes.

Its so one day I can be an evil wrinkly old woman in a rocking chair scandalizing my grandchildren with pictures of all my handsome paramours. :p

Its just for sentimental reasons too. but no biggie frankly.

Art_Critic

You should also keep a locket of hair incase a voodoo spell is necesary :laugh:

I agree with everybody here.. Every person you will date will have a past and have pictures of their exs.. some will have pictures of their exs at their parents houses on the walls.. it is just part of life..

She did what you wanted and threw the pciture out.. don't be so sensitive

I still have some pictures of my ex's; even as a guy I've kept them.

They are part of my history, past, baggage, etc... I do believe they should be stored away in a box and kept there.

It does hurt to see a picture of someone's ex when you are with that person.

I keep pics of my x's that I absolutely despise!! Can't stand 'em. I even look at them sometimes, out of accident and wince. But, can't seem to throw them away. It's like throwing away apart of my history.