MY highschool crush reveals crush on ME

one of the most beautiful and down to earth girls i've ever met has recently found me on a website called facebook.we used to talk just as friends in highschool.i had the biggest crush on her. i was a senior and she was a junior. now that i'm a soph and she is a freshmen in college she's told me that she liked me and wish i would have taken her out to prom and talked to her seriously. she told me i put in a half ass effort to get with her but actually it was because she was still getting rides to school from her ex and i thought i had no chance. anyway now she's really pushing for us to go out this summer but right now she has a boyfriend and it doesnt look like she plans on being with him for long. i'm in school in wv and she's back at home in florida. should i get my hopes up and really pursue her and give 100 percent this time ,even when she has a boyfriend or should i play it cool and think she's just going through some problems with her boyfriend she claims to love rightnow?

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained!" ~~ George Bernard Shaw

"Faint heart ne'er won fair lady." ~~ Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Your post sounded really sweet, cute and romantic till you came to this part:

but right now she has a boyfriend and it doesnt look like she plans on being with him for long.

I wouldn't trust anybody who has a partner and swears eternal love to someone else. This sounds so flaky.

should i get my hopes up and really pursue her and give 100 percent this time ,even when she has a boyfriend or should i play it cool and think she's just going through some problems with her boyfriend she claims to love rightnow?

You should play it cool and observe what she does. In my opinion she should break up with her boyfriend if her feelings for him are so superficial that she will declare her love to other people. If she only breaks up with him because of the prospect of another lover she's spineless wimp and you don't want to date this kind of people, do you?

I think she is also kind of testing you. Obviously she didn't like your lack of initiative in highschool and right now she might be testing you if you are still the same boy who is afraid of asking her out. Her complaints are complaints but also hidden messages to change this. My guess is, if you want to get together with her, you will have to tell her that she has to break up with her boyfriend if she wants to be with you. You need to draw clear lines and show her that you personal standards and that means, you don't want to have anything to do with cheaters and you won't take the second place and wait for a girl to make up her mind some time in the future, if she wants to pursue anything more with you, she needs to break up with her boyfriend first.

She seems to be a somewhat hypocritical and high-maintenance person, are you sure you want to be with her?

• Author

thank you for your post and i couldnt agree with you more, she hates cheaters herself and that's why there hasnt been a clear line made yet because she can only hint to me what she would like to do, she wont just come out and say it . she does need to get rid of him but and we should begin talking now but it is hard when your gonna do that beginning out long distance. sooner or later the truth will come out. i'll just let it rest for now until the boyfriend situation is out of the way, wow it would be so much easier to be there