shouldn't the guy make plans for the weekends?

Genearl question, when you start dating someone, shouldn't the guy make plans for the weekends? I have been dating someone several months and he never thinks of anything to do. It is getting really frustrating, is this normal? He always says what do I want to do...Thats all and nice but it would be better if he could think of stuff on his own......Am i wrong?

In theory, I agree with you that it would be nice for the guy to make some plans. But, I'm like you...I've been in a relationship for 9 months and I think I make the plans about 66% of the time. I think a lot depends on the type of person you and he is. For myself, I am a real planner, very well organized, think of things ahead of time, etc. For him, he definitely is not as well organized, tends to think a day in advance, and so forth. I hate to say this but you have to weigh how important things are to you. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Is your boyfriend thoughtful and generous in other ways? Is he really there for you? Does he do nice things for you? Is he thoughtful? kind? considerate? Does he treat other people close to you well? If so, then I would think one could overlook this uncoomfortable trait. Have you tried talking to him? I have tried talking to mine, but, at 50, we're both very set in our ways. If you're young, there could be hope, but, honestly, the bottom line is that people don't change unless they want to. We have to love them as they are or decide to move on. I would try to talk, give it some time, and perhaps live with this imperfection for a while to see what other good comes out of your relationship. If you're happy otherwise, is this really important in the grand scheme of things?