Dating after 15 years of marriage

brngme2life76

I was posting in the separation and divorce forum but this is all new to me. I have started dating and I am enjoying it very much. I met this guy at school where I am currently going and things are going great, we have the same values and have been hurt the same way by our ex spouses. I am having alot of doubt in this relationship and am very scared of being hurt again the way I was by my ex H. He told me there is nothing to worry about and he will help me get over my fears. He totally understands where I am coming from and there is no rush. He has 2 children and their ages are 3 and 6, I have 2 children and their ages are 13 and 14. He is in a big fight over his children and wants joint custody and is constantly fighting with his ex over this, she wants to take them out of state and he dont want that. I have no fights with my ex over our kids we have an understanding and agreement on how their time is split up as we do not want to put the kids in the middle of things like that. His ex is a B!*^H and is just trying to hurt him and dont seem to care their kids are in the middle. I want to be there for him but sometimes he gets so upset over this that I dont know how to handle it. What kind of advice can anyone give me on this situation? I would love to have any. Thanks for reading on.

All you can do is be supportive. I advise you to think very carefully though about this person as a potential spouse. When you marry a divorced person that ex spouse will be in your life until the children are grown- you will probably run into them at future events. Make sure that you can handle this type of interaction with this person and she won't make your life a living nightmare.

• Author
brngme2life76

Yea I am planning on being supportive. I am going to have a talk with him tonight. I have alot of issues I want to talk about including the ex and alot of other stuff. I think we have a future and I want this to work out. He is very supportive of me and my issues so we connect on alot of levels. Thanks for giving me input on this, if anyone has any other advice or comments please post, I welcome all of it.