her previous sexual activity has me thinking...

I'm 19, I've been dating a girl for about 7 months now from my hometown. She is 22 has a child and has been married for about 2 or 3 years. We grew up in a small community with one high school so everyone pretty much knows everyone in some way. Generally speaking when you come from a small community, details seems to flow through the grapevine of who has been with who and so on.

To make a long story short, I keep unintentionally finding about people she has 'done stuff with' or has 'slept with' . It makes me think she is a whore and i lose respect for her. WHY?! Before she was married is when all of this stuff supposedly happened. It is upsetting because mostly all of the people she has done stuff with are people i know. For example one of them was a good friend of mine in our teen years...

I know for a fact that she has not slept with anyone after she had her baby. I know she is done having flings or whatever. But her past still haunts me and it seems almost disgusting.

It doesn't say much that she's a married woman, and dating you. Doesn't that tell you what kind of person she is?

• Author
It doesn't say much that she's a married woman, and dating you. Doesn't that tell you what kind of person she is?

well, it is a more complex story. She isnt living with her 'husband'--they are actually in the process of becoming legally divorced. They havent seen each other in over a year.

My boyfriend had a problem with my past for a very long time. He asked me to get tested for anything and everything, which I did willingly, and I asked him to do the same thing. It assured him that I'm clean, and now lets move on with our relationship. He did have issues with my sexual past, but eventually he got over them, but only after arguement after arguement of him not being able to get over it. The way he coped was that he started picturing me when these other men, doing worse things than I could ever imagin doing..and some how it cleared his mind of worries.

I think in your situation, you need to be leary...go into a relationship slowly, but ask questions too. You need to know if she's clean, or even if she'd cheat on you. If after asking questions, she gets mad, then give her up. If she's that easilly offended then she's not ready to be in a relationship.

I understand insecurities, but you do have to understand that she's not the "good girl next door" type. She's going to be a soon divorced single mother. You're young, extreemly young. Are you sure you'd want to get into a relationship that you're already having issues about her past with, and someone who has a child?

I think there'd end up being too much drama in the whole situation for you to have to deal with.

Perhaps there are other single girls out there to bring home to mom.

RecordProducer
It makes me think she is a whore and I lose respect for her.

If you're talking like this about her then you're not in love. It's not about how many faults our partners have, but how much they bother us that makes things not work out.