Parents want me to leave my boy friend just because he is in a wheel chair.

adamsbabygirl

I need some advise. Please help.

I am 20 years old. I have been dating this guy for 7 months. My parents hate him and wish for me to break up with him. First of all let me tell you about my man. He is 21 years old, and he is in a wheel chair. He has a disease called muscular disofiend. I am not sure if I even spelled that right. The only thing that he can not do is walk. He does not have the full blown disease. His brother has it as well but his sister does not. His family compelely adores me and likes me ALOT. My parents and my little brother say that I am messing my life and that I am much better off without him and that he will never amount to anything and that I am just wasting my time. I try and tell them how complety in love I am and how happy I am. He treats me like a goddess he is just so amazing I can not describe it, he has treated me the best out of every guy I have dated. He believes and supports me through everything. I tell him everything we are so very very comfortable with each other. He makes me a better women. I have given him the streghten to re learn how to walk and he is making progress. We push and support each other like no other. He sends me roses buys me things treats me so well. He would die for me and I would die for him and I buy him things and its just so perfect. Then there are my parents again telling me that I don't know what I want and they want nothing to do with Adam and I. It hurts me all the time and my brother doesn't help he will make jokes and I never thought that my family would be like this. I guess the people they talk to agree with them and people I have talked with agree with Adam and I. I don't know what to do anymore. I even told my parents that we broke up but we did not but its not working. I love him so much and he loves me very very much. I know my parents want what is best for me but Adam is so caring and takes amazing care of me and he loves me like no other man has ever loved me before. He tells me how amazing and how wonderful and beautiful I am,he makes me the women who I am now. I know they want was his best for me but I think I know myself little bit better then they do. Please help!!!!

What reasons do your parents give you for them not wanting you to be with him..I mean from the sounds of things he is a wonderful person...if it's just that they don't want you with a person in a wheelchair that is extremly shallow of them to think that Adam doesn't deserve you...if it's because he might not be able to support you financially or physically or whatever and you feel he can then talk with them about it..

However main thing here is you are not a child and neither is he..if you are truly in love and you are happy and he is also...no worries about your family you are an adult and as such make your own decisions. Your family will either except it and be happy for you or they will miss the opportunity of something you fell will be wonderful...

As a mother of a child with a disibility 1st of all I want to say that one day I hope my son meets someone as compashionate, loving and caring as you.

2nd off all ask you parents to put the shoe on the other foot, how would they like it if YOU we're in a weelchair wouldn't they want someone to love you?

I think your parents are thinking of your life and if you can handle the situation. It is a normal reaction from someone who loves you. They want the best for you and they think your life will be difficult with him.

All I can say is that you need to decide for yourself if you can be with his man. You say you love him but is love enough when the going gets tough. I am not trying to discourage you or the very mature way you feel about your man but look at it from all angles before you discount your parents advice. You are 20 and you have not experienced much in life. Take lots of time before you make a decision. Familiar yourself with his disease and find out the facts. You need to think with your head as well as your heart. Emotions can cloud many things so do the homework. Make an informed decision.

Good Luck...:bunny:

the gentleman

All I can say that he is a very lucky guy to find someone like you who sees beyond a problem and sees him for what he is inside. I sure he feels the same way.

I had cancer. It is not as big as your bf.

I wrote here about it, my nick name is gentleman.

Your topic gave me faith that I will eventually find someone who is not afraid of what I had to go through.

Be there, Help him face the battle. He will also give you lots of love and affection. We only know the meaning and value of life when we encounter a tough situation.

BEST OF LUCK FOR YOU GUYS!

• Author
adamsbabygirl

If you guys read my post about my parents wanting me to break up with my boy friend just because he is in the wheel chair. I would really really like it if you guys reply please. Thank you so much. It means alot to me. Thank you.

What is it that you're looking to find out? I think a lot of people have responded to your multiple threads. Are you looking for a particular piece of advice?

I am 20 years old.

the decisions one makes at 20 yrs of age are usually much different that the decisions one makes at 30 or 40 or 50.

if you end up marrying your wheelchair-bound "friend" and then discover that you are solely supporting the family financially and solely taking care of the kids and the house then you may feel different about the relationship.:)

good day

alpha

RainyDayWoman

adamsbabygirl, it's really unneccessary (and against the guidelines) to make mutiple posts about the same thing...your "please please reply threads" are crowding the forum.

if people want to answer this, they know where to go.

often, begging for replies ensures that you will receive fewer replies.

not sure what you're looking for, other than what people have already told you.

good luck.