An ex girlfriend

Twilightsteve

I've been tinged with sadness after visiting my ex recently who is in a hospital for mental health issues that she's had for years.

I met her 27 years ago and we dated for 3 months. She ended it in a gracious enough way.

22 years later I learned from her brother that she developed the illness.*

I did visit her 5 years ago in a care home and became rather inconsolable on the way home. Did it become apparent that I still loved her after all these years?

She had been living with her boyfriend who was also present with me at the hospital, has similar but less severe problems as her but she became intolerable and had to be readmitted to hospital.

​​​​​​​I would like to visit her periodically, I know there is no future for us but at least I feel I care about her and hope she recognises that.

As long as your presence doesn't cause turmoil for her or confusion, then I'm sure your support is welcome. But if you start thinking you're causing her emotional problems or causing her problems with her bf, then you need to clear out and let it go.

• Like 1
I met her 27 years ago and we dated for 3 months. She ended it in a gracious enough way.

Did it become apparent that I still loved her after all these years?

Steve, you need to think about what else is going on in your life right now that would cause this over-reaching attachment, it's not about her. Do you really think it makes sense to be in love with someone you dated so briefly three decades ago?

You might want to talk to a professional about this before acting any further. There's obviously other issues involved...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1