Uncle Boogies update

Uncle Boogie

Thought I would drop a update line out to those who followed and responded to my thread last year. As a primer...I caught my wife with a doctor she worked with on video and audio when I was out of town. Divorced and now happy...sort of.

Early January, I was driving to a work assignment outside of Rota, Spain when I was involved in a head on collision between my car and a pick up truck. For those who remembered, I restored a Triumph TR-4 while married and told her to keep it during mediation. Well, I thought for a while and said "screw it, I put over 200 hours of sweat in this car and changed my mind and stated I was taking it after all. No protest from the ex, so I shipped it over. Well, the TR-4 is totaled and I broke my left leg in 2 places, broke my right ankle as well as 6 ribs, my left wrist and a severe concussion. The truck driver, who was drunk and crossed the center line, came out with no injuries at all...go figure.

I was in the hospital in Spain for several weeks, then transferred back to Italy for numerous surgeries and recovery. I had my mom and sister fly over to take care of me while I was bedridden which was a great relief. However, there is a interesting side note. Since I could not work, it was the first time I was around the apartment during the day. Now the apartment has 5 floors and I live on the 2nd. I knew the people below me, but not the person above me. My sister, being the social butterfly of the family, decided to meet everyone in the building, which she did. She came into my bedroom one afternoon all excited and told me of the person living in the apartment right above me.

This tenant apparently is a single woman in her early 30's that works as a waiter at some fine restaurant during the dinner shift. So...my sister invites her down to my place for coffee disguised as a meet and greet. Now at the time I was high as a kite on pain pills, so through a drug addled haze she came down and introduces herself. She looked like an angle. I have no idea what came out of my mouth, but I am sure it involved slurring and drooling.

My mom and sister where there for several weeks, but before they left, they convinced my neighbor to look after me and help me out during the day (apparently they offered her some serious money).

Well...she helped me over the next few months and we started to become closer. She is divorced (husband cheated) and moved into her place a month before I did. She helped with meals, laundry, shopping and the best part...sponge baths (to a point). If more people can get to know one another through sponge baths, the world would be a much better place. Anyway, she speaks broken English and my Italian is just as bad. There are a lot of misused language and hand gestures, but we are having a great time. I don't know if it is the Italian way, but several Sundays ago she cook dinner and at 6:00 p like 15 of here family members come strolling in with food and booze. Now I am in bed with my legs and arm in traction with a apartment of men, women and children who spoke no English. Even though they were a tiring lot after several hours, I had one of the best days of my life. I think some of the conversation dealt with the relationship with my neighbor and myself, because as everyone was talking excitedly, I saw her face get redder and redder. She was just beautiful.

Anyway, we spend everyday together, and sometimes she sleeps over next to me in bed. Unfortunately, pain medication seems to subvert any sexual enhancement...if you know what I mean. So no sex, as of now. So our relationship is just getting interesting, and what I can understand, she is interested in starting something with me. I thought long and hard over this and I have to tell you that I am ok with delving into a relationship. So even though I cannot take care of myself and I cant understand 3/4 of what she is saying, I am very excited. Will have to see where it goes.

Regarding the ex, I told my family I don't want to hear anything regarding her in any context. They have honored this request. My ex has sent me numerous letters which I return unopened. She wanted to come to Italy to help after my accident, but my sis stopped this on the spot. I did find out that Dr. Dick lost his privileges at both hospitals after the husband of the nurse in the garage went ballistic with both hospital boards. Apparently his family are big donors in the area, especially with hospitals. So he is out...and I have no idea what he is doing and don't care.

Anyway...thanks for the support, you guys are the best.

UB

• Like 1

Disclaimer: I do not want to replace my current wife.

My name ends with a vowel. If I had to find a wife, minus the

accident that is the way to meet. Ah sponge baths.