So restarting my cellphone doesn't work anymore...

Springsummer

So I have been indecisive to swipe left or right with a guy I know in real life in Tinder for awhile.

I accidentally figure out restarting my cellphone seemed to help me to resolve the issue. Then it doesn't really work anymore. His profile will show up within 10 swipe or just right back on my screen.

So I can't just really play with Tinder. I am stuck.

btw, is Tinder really just for hookup? I know it is an old topic and the answer seems inconclusive? How will I be perceived that I am show up in Tinder? I am done with pof.

I am done with pof.

May I ask why? I am very happy with POF but unimpressed with Tinder. Keep in mind that I am a senior male looking for an LTR. For my demographic and goals, POF is just vastly more useful than Tinder. In fact it is the best of all the OLD sites I have used.

Wow. In the interest of following up on the OP's question that seemed to relate to Tinder, I just tried Tinder. Maybe I'm too much of a computer geek. But I would NEVER use it.

- requires FB login or phone # to log in - THAT is identity theft

- retains the login on the browser unless the cookies are cleared - THAT allows the Tinder javascript to raid your computer for ALL personal data even if Tinder is not running - MORE identity theft

- no way to log off of Tinder - THAT is just creepy

And aside from the intrusive implementation details listed above that I've seen on no other OLD site (except Zoosk also wants a FB id), a couple of annoyances that make the OLD suck

- highest age setting is 55+ - I guess it's not for old fogies

- must pay to play

- profiles are VERY superficial, basically just photos (yeah the babes are HOT - how is this anything but a hookup/f--k buddy app?)

Edited by nospam99
  • Like 2
  • Author
Springsummer
Anytime I have app problems, I uninstall it, wipe the cache on the phone and reinstall it fresh. Don't know if that helps with Tinder....

More discussion:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/off-topic/water-cooler/649139-what-am-i-doing-wrong-tinder

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/648850-tinder-online-dating-tips

Looks like the only way I should try now. I can't use it at all now. but, lots of trouble to uninstall and install:) and no guarantee it will work

When you come upon his profile, go into your settings and change the distance and that will allow you to swipe again until you get back to his card in the stack, then do the same when needed. You may be running low on people to swipe if he comes up quickly, not that I am a tinder expert, I just happened to read about and try this myself.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why it's better to go out of your way to skip him rather thsn just swipe left on him. There is absolutely no difference on his end. And as long as he's still on tinder, even if youve swiped left already, he'll still come up every now and then. Am I missing something? Is there a reason to skip over rather than swipe left?

And, when I was tindering, it seemed to me that my match rate was way higher with the first 20 cards in the stack. They want people to feel the tinder love and get that special feeling from a match to keep them coming back. So I have no doubt they offer you way more who've swiped right on you than tjose who've already swiped left (not sure they put those in the stack at all, prob not). So obviously he has swiped right on you.

• Like 1

I just looked back on your thread and seems like you're not swiping left bc you'd like to retain the possibility of swiping right. But there are particular guys that are in my deck every damn time I look at tinder who I swipe left on EVERY time I see them. They still come up!

• Like 1
  • Author
Springsummer
I just looked back on your thread and seems like you're not swiping left bc you'd like to retain the possibility of swiping right. But there are particular guys that are in my deck every damn time I look at tinder who I swipe left on EVERY time I see them. They still come up!

Yes. I don't really like the possibility he will not show up again after I swipe left. Now you mentioned it, it occurs to me people do seems to come up again after I swipe left.

• Author
Springsummer
May I ask why? I am very happy with POF but unimpressed with Tinder. Keep in mind that I am a senior male looking for an LTR. For my demographic and goals, POF is just vastly more useful than Tinder. In fact it is the best of all the OLD sites I have used.

gives me headache to articulate the reasons. I will have to skip this. just the usual stuff.

• Author
Springsummer
. So obviously he has swiped right on you.

but...there are 99+ people who swiped me right though...and they don't show up like that...guess I need to pay to see who are those people...considering paying now.

• Author
Springsummer

so I just paid almost 200 for a year. and got to see who like me. first I saw 771 people likes me then it went down to 741 and now 818 in the about half an hour. How is that work? can you unlike people?

surprise....didn't find the guy in the list of likes. so how the hell he shows up every time I started to swipe?

is the universe playing treat on me? trying to messy up my brain?

is the universe playing treat on me? trying to messy up my brain?

The universe? No. Tinder? Yes.

Your description just confirms my negative impression of Tinder. I suggest you start another thread asking for advice from Tinder users on LS on how to get value out of Tinder.