Getting off the dating site

Let me tell you what getting off the dating site has done for me.

I got off the dating site, like completely. I hide my profile, shut off my emails. No going there just to look or anything like that. Just left it.

Since then I have also not been dating. I don't have any exes that I still talk to. No male BFF's or friends. No FWB's, orbiters, no males to call on to help me move or even go to the movies with. No males whatsoever in my life. I point this out because I find that most women who say they are taking a break from dating still have men in their life.

At first it was fine. I hang out and talk to my girlfriends a lot and of course we talk about men, and I just felt like I was getting a break from the hassles of everything that comes with dating and I was happy to put it on the shelf.

It's been a year since my last relationship and a year since I've had sex even.

Now that I haven't talked to or had any males in my life for several months now, what I am noticing is the effect it's having on me. It's been a unexpected to say the least. What it's doing is making me feel starved. And making me super horny. Suddenly those guys who I might not have given the time of day a year ago, are starting to look like interesting prospects to make out with or possibly have sex with. And for no reason other than I'm love and sex starved. My imagination is going wild with men I would have never had thoughts about before.

Now I know what you're going to say: "Hey Pops, go out and get yourself some man beef today!". Well not so fast. I am intrigued by this unexpected effect and wonder what the possibilities are. I think I will hold off and suffer through this a few more months until I move to my new city in June, and then I'm going to unleash myself on the new menz. I think it'll make me appreciate them more and I'll have fun.

So my recommendation to anyone out there who is finding themselves being frustrated and/or picky: Get off the dating site completely and starve yourself of the opposite gender for a long while. You will begin to appreciate them more!

Edited by Popsicle
  • Like 4

When I was online I deleted my profile each 2 weeks. I was on for 2 weeks then took a break for 2 weeks. That is how I was able to be online for almost 4 years and not burn myself. Each time I went back there were new faces and my interest was renewed.

About being starved, it's now you should date. The lion is always best at hunting when he's hungry.

• Like 2
  • Author
When I was online I deleted my profile each 2 weeks. I was on for 2 weeks then took a break for 2 weeks. That is how I was able to be online for almost 4 years and not burn myself. Each time I went back there were new faces and my interest was renewed.

About being starved, it's now you should date. The lion is always best at hunting when he's hungry.

Rawr

I would feel uncomfortable doing it now because I'm moving in a few months.

I wish I could just find a guy here to make out with and that's it.

Rawr

Isn't the net full of these ? :D

• Like 1
Shining One

If you're looking for some casual, short-term fun, I'd recommend doing it before you move. That way, any drama that ensues won't be nearby after you move.

• Like 3

Hm, I think that's not going to be too difficult if you want to...

Or do you just mean makeout with and doesn't want sex?

In which case, yeah your options are maybe more limited.

• Like 1
  • Author
Hm, I think that's not going to be too difficult if you want to...

Or do you just mean makeout with and doesn't want sex?

In which case, yeah your options are maybe more limited.

Someone to makeout with and no sex. Like kissing and stuff. I just miss the physical touch. This might be cheating though, huh?

Shining One
Someone to makeout with and no sex. Like kissing and stuff.
Perhaps you can seek out men with ED.
  • Like 2

Can't say why this is a huge surprise for you. It should only be expected, I would think, unless you were totally abnormal.

• Like 1

I'm curious if you find a man with your new lower standards if you will be happy a year into it or feel you just settled?

• Like 1
  • Author
I'm curious if you find a man with your new lower standards if you will be happy a year into it or feel you just settled?

I don't know, that's hard to know. Good question.

You got to be careful with that Pops. Because just because you get horny enough to do some dude you wouldn't otherwise, that only lasts one night and then you're wondering how to get him to get up and go home. I had a hormonal crisis when I was about 50. It was a lot of maintenance. I had one of those moments with this guy I was friends with (among many others) on a music fan board and met a group of them overseas for a concert. He was not someone I'd ever have been with. Not just his looks, but yes his looks, but also he was one of those paranoid people who doesn't want to use a credit card in a restaurant and thinks everyone is out to get his info. I figured he was hiding so he didn't have to pay child support. Anyway, drunk on champagne, I thought about it simply because I knew he would. But I talked myself out of it, and if I hadn't, it would have gotten very awkward very fast. That is why God made marital aids, Pops.

But I hope you do get lucky and just click with one of the menz in the new city. All you have to do is find one with such a great personality and they will start looking better to you, though those are sometimes hard to find and usually have a coven of women laying stones around them.

• Like 1

I think a made a thread similar to this. Starved for affection is what I would describe it as. I was told to just get affection from family or a pet, but it is def not the same.

You figure something that works, I'll be be here lurkin on your thread in the meantime~ :bunny:

• Like 1
Thanks preraph. I will keep all that in mind.

btw what is a marital aide?

Proxy husband, relief pitcher, tosseratti, pokemon,

• Like 1
Eternal Sunshine

Maybe I should do this?

Ever since I stopped OLD, I have had lots of contact with orbiters. I usually hang out with one of them once week. Text/chat nearly daily. A month is the longest I have gone without sex. Maybe I need to be hungrier?

Your post has made me think. What if I just stop all that? My main worry is that I will start crashing on married men I see often and that it will lead to disaster.

• Like 1
rightondude

so I guess you could say you're wanting to get off after getting off the dating site after not getting off from getting on the dating site?

• Like 4

It's not really having lower standards but having 'realistic' expectations maybe?.

Online is like a catalogue where we dismiss men on details. When I started online and very popular I would only give my attention to men looking like Sylvester Stallone on steroids. That was far from having standards. When I was off line, not dating, and being approached in parks and public transports I didn't have these crazy standards and actually gave my attention to 'real' men. Being off line for a while deflades our head.

• Like 1
It's not really having lower standards but having 'realistic' expectations maybe?.

Online is like a catalogue where we dismiss men on details. When I started online and very popular I would only give my attention to men looking like Sylvester Stallone on steroids. That was far from having standards. When I was off line, not dating, and being approached in parks and public transports I didn't have these crazy standards and actually gave my attention to 'real' men. Being off line for a while deflades our head.

Interesting. On line, as a guy, I lower my standards if anything.

• Like 1
Can't say why this is a huge surprise for you. It should only be expected, I would think, unless you were totally abnormal.

I'm not sure that it would be expected. Many women I've talked to expressed that long periods without sex would lower their sex drive, and having satisfying sex would increase it.

The need for physical affection is yet another question, IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Author

The need for physical affection is yet another question, IMHO.

I don’t get it. :confused: What’s the question?